Rant - C2W and Halford's "service"

holybinch
holybinch Posts: 417
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Sometime around mid-June, I ordered my second bike, a Genesis Croix de Fer for my commute, from Halford's Cycle to work.

If I understand correctly, Halford's already have the money (my company buys the vouchers) without me picking up the bike.

It means they even get less a monkey's about the customer!

So, I order the said bike, they call me back, say, yep, we have it in our warehouse, it will be in your store next week.

The week after, I call the store...
"Err, wait a minute, we don't have the bike, and I can't see anything in the system... let me call C2W and give you a call back"

An hour later
"I don't know how to put it, but your bike wasn't put in order by C2W. Now we have to order it from our supplier...
- But you had it in your warehouse...
- oh yeah, these ones were sold, because you didn't have an order in
- you mean YOU didn't put the order in!
- err... yeah"

Anyway, Monday this week, I give them a call
"yup, bike's received, we'll be assembling and you can pick it up tomorrow eve"

Yesterday, on my way to the shop, half surprised not to have received a call from them, I call them...
"Err, the fork was bent when we took it out of the box, we have to order a new one, someone from C2W should have called you..."

So, I now have to wait at least another week to get my ducking bike!

No need to say I'm not a happy bunny. I'm waiting for the C2W girl to give me a call back, and she's gonna get an earful!
Do you think I've got a chance to get a couple of freebies (like some slicks)?
FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nothing ventured nothing gained......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Reminds me, I must chase up where my CdF has gotten to...
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Ever heard of the phrase "false economy" ?
    <a>road</a>
  • holybinch
    What do you mean el_presidente?

• el_presidente
    Well if you hadn't tried to get a bargain at the expense of the government, you could have wandered into your friendly LBS / internet bike emporium of your choice and walked away with a shiny new machine, set up properly and with after sales service to match.

Instead you thought you could get a bargain, which may be true but are the hassle, delay and crap service worth the saving? your call.

The other phrase that springs to mind is "no such thing as a free lunch"
    <a>road</a>
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Well if you hadn't tried to get a bargain at the expense of the government, you could have wandered into your friendly LBS / internet bike emporium of your choice and walked away with a shiny new machine, set up properly and with after sales service to match.

Instead you thought you could get a bargain, which may be true but are the hassle, delay and crap service worth the saving? your call.

The other phrase that springs to mind is "no such thing as a free lunch"

Having a bad day?

:wink:
  • el_presidente
    yes
    <a>road</a>
  • holybinch
    Right, considering this last post, I won't bother arguing, no matter how hard it is :)

• pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    If it makes you feel any better youi're not the only one with problems.

I've now had three timeframes come and go.
  • DiabloJoe
    DiabloJoe Posts: 12
    Ive recently just got my 2nd bike from Halfords C2W now its been renewed this year, but i was determine to get the bike i wanted and not let get there grubby mitts on it after the disaster of last year with my Boardmen.

I went directly to Leisure Lakes (which i believe is one of there special order stores where they order from and delivered to the halfords shop), ordered the bike and paid a deposit for them to start the build and then had to arrange for a local collection through halfords as they seem to have started a new system. Instead of having a voucher sent through the post its a printed off one and its all done and allocation on-line. a coupke of call to make sure its all gone through the system and i went to pick it up.

Took my gear with me, pedals, shoes, helmet and Garmin705 to cycled the 17miles home like a dream with the :D that Hell-Frauds didn't touch it.
    Boardman Hybrid Pro 2009
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105 Compact 2010
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I have to say in defence of Halfords or rather Bikehut that I have had 2 bikes from them on C2W both of which were delivered within 3 weeks and the build standard was fine - far better that the crap setup I got from my LBS on the GT
  • el_presidente
    pastryboy wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better youi're not the only one with problems.

I've now had three timeframes come and go.

Didn't know you could get Time frames on C2W, thought you had to buy a complete bike?
    <a>road</a>