Elite Cycling, Crystal Palace - any experiences?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 61,185
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
No joy on the road forum so am trying here: has anyone used these guys? I am thinking of using them for a bike fitting session and they are handily local to me in SE London.
http://www.elitecycling.co.uk/
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Not used them but would be interested in finding out what it's like if you go along.
  • Stevo_666
    Will do, although I want to get at least one piece of independent feedback on them - testimonials on a companys own website mean jack s**t to me. So far nobody seems to have used them, although I can always phone up or drop by for a chat and see what sort of feedback I get.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i had my fitting done by the bike whisperer and i cant recommend them highly enough. never even heard of elite cycling
  • Stevo_666
    spasypaddy wrote:
    i had my fitting done by the bike whisperer and i cant recommend them highly enough. never even heard of elite cycling
    Thanks, I've heard a few people say good things about the Bike Whisperer. What I'm trying to do is cultivate a network of bike related suppliers near to me where possible. This is helpful for me being married with kid and 'just popping down the road for something bike related' is so much easier than 'Trekking all the way across town and back'. Helps avoid the 'rolling pin of death' :oops:
  • spasypaddy
    yeah but a fitting will take the whole evening anyway, popping in for parts and stuff is one thing. go somewhere where you can get reliable reviews for.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    De Ver?
    Geoffrey Butler?
    arguably the two best LBS in south london.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Looks interesting, I've never come across them before. I'm seriously interested in their coaching packages, it'd be interesting to hear what feedbck you get on their service
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • spasypaddy
    rich, im going out with some pheonix people tomorrow night :shock:
  • Rich158
    spasypaddy wrote:
    rich, im going out with some pheonix people tomorrow night :shock:

Cool have fun :lol: Who are you riding with? (I assume you mean riding :wink: )
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • spasypaddy
    this thread - North London Evening Ride - Thursday 8th July. although names mean nothing to me. im clearly the guest in there though
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    spasypaddy wrote:

I'll second that. Bike whisperer is the way to go, well worth the trip.
  • Rich158
    spasypaddy wrote:
    this thread - North London Evening Ride - Thursday 8th July. although names mean nothing to me. im clearly the guest in there though

Ah had a look now the net nazi's at work let me on the club website. Unfortunately I don't know anyone you'll be riding with, it's the one downside of a forum based club, there's always loads of people you've never met.

Revised FCN - 2
  • spasypaddy
    Rich158 wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Ah had a look now the net nazi's at work let me on the club website. Unfortunately I don't know anyone you'll be riding with, it's the one downside of a forum based club, there's always loads of people you've never met.
    or see it as a benefit of always getting new people to ride with. are you going to the talk on monday?
  • Rich158
    Yep I'll be there Monday, probably be in civvies and be in pieces though. I'll be coming straight over from Brunel uni after being a guinea pig for some students doing research into dehydration. Just look for the wreck in the corner, that'll be me

Revised FCN - 2
  • spasypaddy
    ah you signed up for that. good luck! i'll be coming straight from work. i'll be the one on his own looking scared and lonely
  • Rich158
    It's the first main experiment on Monday, can't remember if it's the dehydrated test or nor, but I'm sure to be a mess either way. I'll keep my eye out for you

Revised FCN - 2
  • Stevo_666
    gaz545 wrote:
    De Ver?
    Geoffrey Butler?
    arguably the two best LBS in south london.
    GB cycles I know of - if they do fitting, great, will check it out thanks.
    De Ver - not heard of them before, thanks for the tip 8)
  • Rich158
    +1 for De Ver, they'll be getting a large wodge of my cash pretty soon hopefully.

Revised FCN - 2