Tony Nunn at Thumbprint Tuning - Lefty Service

Ruxpin
Ruxpin Posts: 5
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Has anyone been in contact with Tony Nunn at Thumbprint recently?

I sent a lefty for service at the beginning of June. I spoke with him and he confirmed receipt but I haven't heard anything since then.

No response to email or phone calls.... slight concerned given the 5 weeks it has been.

I hope he is ok? Anyone know anything?

Comments

• marra2222
    marra2222 Posts: 9
    Im in the same boat.....!

sent the forks back to TF who forwarded to him.

I can only imagine that he is jam packed and short staffed?

Not answering the phone or having an answerphone isnt good :(
  • W00DENT0P
    W00DENT0P Posts: 211
    good'ol thumbprint, dealt with them abit in the past and their not the best, also had a mate send a fatty headshok back for a damper and air sleeve service, still lost air after it had 'supposedly' been sorted, fork ended up back at thumbprint another twice before it was sorted.
    Very poor service, i dont thinj its a very big place, but they could still let you know whats going on.
    Id rather return them to cannondales base in the netherlands, then you know their done right !
  • Ruxpin
    hummmm.......... even more worried now!! :( Although thank you for putting me in the picture.

I had seen plently of recomendations of his work and good reviews so thought it was the best place to send an older lefty.

Oh well.... i guess i'll just have to wait and hope it turns up at some point.
  • Glad i found this thread and its not just me!
    Any updates?

Sent Thumbprint my headshock forks over two months ago.

He originally quoted me a turnaround time of 5 working days

No correspondance from them, despite my calls, very hard to get through to them, when i did get through they said ready by end of the week, then after recieving nothing i would ring again and same answer or "I'll ring you back tomorrow" needless to say they never rang back!

Lost faith and requested my forks back last week, again told to expect them by the end of the week. That was last week.... lol

Sent a couple of emails, no response yet.

Will be persuing through small claims court to recover costs if no answer in 48 hours.

I'll keep you updated.

Rich
  • Ruxpin
    I'm still waiting.... :(

He had been waiting on parts for my fork, they arrived then he went on holiday, however he was booking it in to complete last Wednesday, out by the end of last week........ guess what though, still no fork....or correspondence
  • W00DENT0P
    W00DENT0P Posts: 211
    Get intouch with Cannondale and complain, they are supposed to be an official EightyAid (headshok) service centre, the amount of folk i've heard of having bad dealings with them is shocking !!
    Hopefully if enough people complain then they'll get stripped of their 'official' service centre staus, and hopefully no more folk will get messed about.
    In the future just get intouch with Cannondale and get them to do it !
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Hi folks, I am in the Exeter area and have a customer just around the corner, have you had any joy yet??

I can pop in and see whats going on if you like, I wanted to check him out to get my own fork serviced so I was thinking about paying him a visit.

let me know

Jon
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Hi, thanks for all your response,

Surprisingly, after emailing them and threatening legal action, i have just received my forks back!
    HOWEVER.... all is not good.

They are in pieces, not in the assembled state i sent them.
    They are also missing one of the needle bearing bushes so i cant even put them back together!

I'm going to contact cannondale directly and explain the problems to them.

Had a couple of messages from other users in the same situation so thanks for all your support and hopefully we can get a better service in the future.

Jon thanks for the offer but its too late for me now as you can see lol., the customer service is so bad, the worst thing was not knowing, at least if you're local you can pop in, I seriously thought about taking a trip down south to pay him a visit and see what all the fuss was about!

Thanks again, keep you updated
    Rich
  • j_l
    Hey Rich I would still go with the legal threats TBH, how can they return a fork that is in a non functional state with bits missing.

awful, I won't be using them at all.
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Hi all
    sorry for the poor services the past few week have been trying to dill with a tricky pregnancy.

All going to plan now,new baby du end of October

Regards
    Tony
    Thumbprint Tuning
  • Ruxpin
    I can confirm i received my lefty back nicely serviced a couple of weeks back. The service work looks and feels good and i can now get back out riding. :D

Tony thank you for posting. My initial post was out of concern due to the lack of correspondance in case there was a problem. These things happen and i am glad you are all ok.

Thanks,

Richard
  • j_l
    After relentlessly searching the interweb I have found only two places in the UK that will service older (pre 06) Dale head shock and Lefty forks, one is Thumbprint, the other is Noahs Ark who do it in house. (I must say Cannondale where F***ing useless at responding / giving the correct answer).

As a result of this I called Tony, there was an answer machine and I left a message, the following day Tony called me and was very helpful and put any fears I had to rest, come the new year I will most probably take my forks down and get them sorted out (during bike overhaul), I will then give some feedback af the service I received.

I must add that he did mention he was due to be on holiday for a week and was experiencing a busy period so turnaround was prolonged but he did come across as a thoroughly decent bloke.

I will also add that when I called TF tuned they were rude and dismissive and I have heard only good things about them!!

to also add the fella at Noahs Ark was also verey helpfull.
    I'm not old I'm Retro