How to use a specialized air tool MTB pump

Ronocco111
Ronocco111 Posts: 70
edited July 2010 in MTB beginners
This is incredibly embarrassing as I just cannot work out how the pump works. It just will not work on my schraeder valve yet it claims to work on presta/schraeder. Help please.
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    You'll have to give up that ambition to work for NASA. :)

You have to change something in the connector to switch over to different valves.

Sometimes it's just reversing a grommet, haven't used a spesh pump.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • taz3611
    taz3611 Posts: 172
    Unscrew the circular 'knurled' bit with the hole in, opposite the locking lever. Push the locking lever so it's at 90* to the pump. This should help push out the round rubber grommet and plastic piece from inside the pump head. Turn both of these so they are the other way round to the way they came out. This should now show the largest hole in the grommet and a 'post' from the plastic piece. Screw back the 'knurled' bit and try it out. The lever should be against the pump when pushed onto the inner tube valve and then pulled away from the pump to lock it onto the valve.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ronocco111 wrote:
    This is incredibly embarrassing as I just cannot work out how the pump works. It just will not work on my schraeder valve yet it claims to work on presta/schraeder. Help please.

LOL, if it makes you feel better I had the exact same problem with the same pump, I had to go and ask someone in Evans how it worked and he also explained how to swap the two internal plastic parts round.