Charity ride, anyone like to sponsor?

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Ok first things first I have been given permission by the site admin to post this.

I know its a long post but please read on

I know a lot of people do chairty rides etc and I wanted to do one this year myself. I was thinking what to do, Lejog went through my mind and many others but I ended up deciding on doing a ride of 6000 miles. Last year in total I managed 2000 so thought this was a good target. I initially set my target to complete the miles by the end of November. However with a combination of absolutly loving riding and also the scs thread I am on target to complete the ride by the end of July.

The organisation that Im raising money for is respite centre that has looked after my severly disabled brother and helped us massively as a family as me and my mom are his main carers. The centre is very close to me and I just wanted to give something back

Now the only slight problem is due to it not being a chairty as such there is no justgiving account so the only way I can take sponsors is via cheque (made out to the organisation), cash or paypal as a gift. I know some people may be wary of this but I can give contact details of the organisation should anyone wish to enquire and there is also going to be a part in the local press sometime in August.

I have been running a blog since I started with photos of my journey and speedo to prove the miles are being done. For the more astute of you there is around 100 miles more on my total on the scs thread, but this is miles I completed on a mtb in the snow with no speedo.

With the money I raise the organisation is looking to buy an interactive white board and a projector to help develop the childrens understanding.

If anyone would like to donate then id be extremely grateful. Please PM me for details for donating.

I know this sounds very cheeky but if you dont ask you dont get :)

link to blog

http://andyonabike.blogspot.com/

Comments

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Not cheeky at all. People- self included- have posted about charity rides here before (no admin or anyone else has complained about my postings about it, or having the link in the sig) so why there should be a problem I don't know. Best of luck, might well donate myself!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Surely a series of rides within 10 months totalling 6000 miles?

Unless you're doing some sort of massive tour? (In which case, pah, 2 months! :))
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Aidy wrote:

Unless you're doing some sort of massive tour? (In which case, pah, 2 months! :))

He explains it rather better on his blog:
    "I'm currently on a mission to cycle 6000 miles in ten months. I'm raising money for Charles House respite centre who have helped look after my brother over the last few years"
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    vorsprung wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

He explains it rather better on his blog:
    "I'm currently on a mission to cycle 6000 miles in ten months. I'm raising money for Charles House respite centre who have helped look after my brother over the last few years"

Thanks for that

and it was 10 months initially but will actually have done it in 6. I wish i had the time to do it in 2 months but i have to work

Aidy your just jealous your no where near me in the sc stats table lol
    Not cheeky at all. People- self included- have posted about charity rides here before (no admin or anyone else has complained about my postings about it, or having the link in the sig) so why there should be a problem I don't know. Best of luck, might well donate myself!

cheers, just didnt want some people taking offence

yesterday rode 32 miles with a broken spoke just cos i couldnt face up to getting the train lol