Best MTB ride EVER yesterday!!

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited July 2010 in MTB general
I have been looking like this :D for about 24 hours!

Popped in to Cwncarn yesterday and did the usual xc route, but managed to nail most of the climb (yippee) - even overtaking a couple of other MTBers which is unheard of for me - and then rode my little socks off on the descent :D:D

I've ridden Cwncarn lots of times, but this is the first time that I think i've actually ridden how (I feel) it should be ridden. LOVED the flow and was whopping my way across the hill like a nutter. Notax usually gives me a few minutes head-start downhill as he rides faster than me, and apparently he was worried that I had fallen off the edge as he didn't catch up with me until the next break in the trail :lol:

Also rode it in my best ever time of 1 hour 25 mins - which for me is bloody amazing!

Feeling very proud of myself!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Good work :) I'm looking at getting the train down to cwmcarn one weekend this summer.

I just had a blinder of a ride today too on my local trails, just totally nailed it all in a nice time :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Well done,

I had a day like this on muy local trails, admittedly I was sat at home though whole day stuffing my face with sweets :D
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Heading to Cwncarn in Oct, is you diary free Sarah?
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Had a ride like that tonight, only let down was how humid it was, reaaaaally sweaty and horrible
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    1 hr 25 is an awsome time, it's my local trail and 1 hr 20 is about my best :D

i do have some friends who do it in under an hour though :shock: fit barstewards :lol:
  • miss notax
    fatwomble wrote:
    Heading to Cwncarn in Oct, is you diary free Sarah?

Oooooh, that sounds like fun :D

Let us know when and if we're free it would be fab to join you! Should be used to the new bike by then too!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• miss notax
    welshkev wrote:

i do have some friends who do it in under an hour though :shock: fit barstewards :lol:

Under an hour :shock: Good grief, I would need serious medical attention if I tried to ride it that quickly!!

And thanks for the nice comment about the time - I wasn't sure if it was any good or not, I just knew it was flipping amazing for little old me!!!

• gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    Coo get you Sarah :D

Not been lucky enough to ride Cwncarn yet ... the easter weekend we spent at Afan where our group stopped off at CC on the way home - I came down with a rotten chest infection and had to sit in the car and wait for my friends to arrive back, which was a bit rubbish :roll:

Made all the worse by them arriving back whooping and grinning like eedjits and telling me how fab it was. Hmph.

But, Go You! Does that mean you can't describe yourself as 'Slow Uphill' anymore??!
  • miss notax
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know who was more surprised - the bloke I shot past overtaking, or me because I was actually overtaking someone :wink::lol:

That's guting not being able to ride..... I couldn't last week as my rear mech destroyed itself in the car park, so had to wait in the pub for over 2 hours until they all got back. The plus was that I ahd a nice glass of wine, the negative that I looked like I was waiting for fetish night in my lycra xc gear :oops: :lol:

• welshkev
    miss notax wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Under an hour :shock: Good grief, I would need serious medical attention if I tried to ride it that quickly!!

And thanks for the nice comment about the time - I wasn't sure if it was any good or not, I just knew it was flipping amazing for little old me!!!

no worries, just give me a head start if i see you there. i hate that climb and often cheat and go up the fire road (but don't tell anyone) :wink::lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The fireroad is immeasurably more dull than the singletrack, it's a nice little climb, a couple of tricky bits making a totally clean run feel like a bit of an achievement!
  • welshkev
    njee20 wrote:
    The fireroad is immeasurably more dull than the singletrack, it's a nice little climb, a couple of tricky bits making a totally clean run feel like a bit of an achievement!

oh i agree totally, the normal climb gives you a much greater sense of achievment and its much more interesting. but the fire road is easier and slightly quicker :oops: :D

i only ride up so i can hammer it back down, i endure climbs not enjoy them :lol: