Although bright blue is very pretty...

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
...and it doesn't at all spoil the aesthetic of one or two beautiful old London roads, if it is my safety you are concerned with, then I think I would have preferred the money to be spent on filling in the numerous potholes that are in danger of destroying my rims and loosening my teeth. Thank you.

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    To be fair, I have noticed drivers tend to position their cars further out to avoid the blue lanes. Of course, once the paint has faded and/or drivers become accustomed to these new markings, normal service will resume I'm sure.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    The cable st bike path is now smoother than a bucket of buttered eels - nice..... Much better than the ribbed affair it was last time - also it keeps going across the turning hazards. I like it.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    The Uxbridge Road cycle lane, although not blue, has been modified to essentially turn your bike into a rather industrial but ineffective sex toy.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    The Uxbridge Road cycle lane, although not blue, has been modified to essentially turn your bike into a rather industrial but ineffective sex toy.

what the hell kind of saddle have you got. :shock:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208

what the hell kind of saddle have you got. :shock:

I really wrapped up my saddle bag the other day tight under my seat (have been having issues with my legs hitting it so wanted to get it as small as possible).

So, half way home my phone went off.

That was interesting.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Greg T wrote:
    The cable st bike path is now smoother than a bucket of buttered eels - nice..... Much better than the ribbed affair it was last time - also it keeps going across the turning hazards. I like it.

I agree, they have also flattened out the chicane by Shadwell DLR station.

The only thing i dont get is why just past there they have included a random street light in the middle of the two lanes :roll:
    FCN = 4