Pre-Bikeradar Live Ride: Cannock 9/7/10

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
On the way down to Bikeradar live for the weekend on Friday, Kickingmule and myself are planning on stopping off at Cannock Chase for a ride.

We'll be there from *about* 12ish if anyone facies either joining the Bikeradar Live convoy, or just skiving off work for an afternoons riding.

Comments

• Guess i'm not coming then :cry:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    :roll: If you must.

:lol::wink:

See you there. After all this talk about how awesome the P7 is with the extra travel, I fully expect to see you vanishing off into the distance on the downs :P
  • hehehe :twisted:

Well like I said... fitness might not be up to much... but that shouldn't haper me on any down stuff lol!

But, I might not have the Helmet Hero now which is turd as my bro is away atm and its over his :(

Tried a new mount for my Muvi but it didn't work very well... too much vibration :(
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'm not coming to BR Live, but I'm having a slow week, might try to get Friday off and meet you 'orrible lot at Cannock.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    I'm not going BR live either... its in a nasty part of the country :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Just seen some footage of what I believe to be Weirwolf Drop.

Essentially, a squeeze between 2 trees which looks like no more than 700mm wide, at the edge of a smallish drop which goes straight into a tight right hander.

Having watched it, all I can say is...

WTF??

How are you supposed to take that (if you've got wide bars) at more than about 2mph?

Or is it easier than it looks on videos?

:?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Just seen some footage of what I believe to be Weirwolf Drop.
    Essentially, a squeeze between 2 trees which looks like no more than 700mm wide, at the edge of a smallish drop which goes straight into a tight right hander.
    I can assure you it is at least 760 mm wide :wink:

If I can get through it, anybody can.

BTW it's 'werewolf' :roll: :)
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Werewolf drop is a strange one.

It's not the most technical drop, but I think it's appearance puts a lot of people off due to there being so much going on. Tight turn into it after some sharp switchbacks (probably to slow people down before the drop), then through the narrow trees, over the drop and the tight right hander.

It's a strange one..........but a bit of fun. More fun is the Black sectioned Upper Cliff Rocks......enjoy! :)
    Craig Rogers
  • cat_with_no_tail
    760mm !! You could get a bus through there! Must have been the camera angle making it look tighter than it is.

Oh, and as for weirwolf werewolf, I was going off the trailmaps I found here which say it's weirwolf.

So how long is it then, including Monkey with optional black bits? (just roughly)

Going to be joining us?
  • Clark3y
    Clark3y Posts: 129
    14 miles, and the werewolf drop is nothing, and I don't count myself as a particularly good rider.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Going to be joining us?
    In your dreams :)

The Werewolf Drop will be the least of your worries. In addition to werewolves, panthers, yetis and aliens, now we have UXBs on the Chase

Have a good time on Fri. If you see an old bloke on a white Cannondale or blue Proflex wobbling round, give him a sign thefonz.gif
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Werewolf is nowt to be scared of, easy infact!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    i wouldnt take the spelling on that map as correct i should know i made the map lol
    what are brakes for again
  • Just seen some footage of what I believe to be Weirwolf Drop.

Having watched it, all I can say is...

WTF??

How are you supposed to take that (if you've got wide bars) at more than about 2mph?

Or is it easier than it looks on videos?

:?

link to vids?
  • just found one.... thats norra drop!
  • bails87
    Right then, I've booked friday off work, so I'll be there as the 'local' representative, to make sure you Northerners aren't too confused by the big fiery thing in the sky :wink:
    MTB/CX

• kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    bails87 wrote:
    Right then, I've booked friday off work, so I'll be there as the 'local' representative, to make sure you Northerners aren't too confused by the big fiery thing in the sky :wink:
    what, the chase is on fire again
    what are brakes for again
  • kangaroo wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

it will be once i'm on the trails! bdum-chaaaaaaa
  • bails87
    kangaroo wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

it will be once i'm on the trails! bdum-chaaaaaaa

And me, things always get heated when I ride the monkey :lol:

:shock:
    The Northern Monkey
    Oh hai!

So, it's Ben, CWNT, Kicking Mule and my good self?
    MTB/CX

• Nahh i'm not going... can't be arsed... always get left at the back on the climbs :wink:

In other news.... i've secured the GoPro so we can have a high quality moooooovie :D

Might even go for some arty farty stuff :lol:
  • Are we meeting here btw?

Follow the Dog and the Leisure trail all start from the Birches Valley Forest Centre in Rugeley

Birches Valley
    Lady Hill
    Rugeley
    Staffordshire
    WS15 2UQ

and at around 12?
  • bails87
    Are we meeting here btw?

Follow the Dog and the Leisure trail all start from the Birches Valley Forest Centre in Rugeley

Birches Valley
    Lady Hill
    Rugeley
    Staffordshire
    WS15 2UQ

and at around 12?

Yep that's it. £3 for all day parking. Shall we meet outside the cafe?

I'll be on a grey boardman, you've got the White Orange (:?), CWNTs got a Brown 456 and I don't know what kickingmule has got, or what he looks like, so we'll just have to hope CWNT doesn't lose him, or we'll never know who he is! :lol:
    MTB/CX

• Sweet... parking cost was my next question!

I'm assuming its not a bank holiday or anything so it should be fairly quiet...

I'll be in the Blue Peugeot 206 with a thule rear mounted bike carrier :)

Gonna go get everything ready after me tea... picking up the gopro and gonna get some new batteries from tesco... might even pick us up some cake! :D

Flapjack everyone?!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Don't bother with cake, my wife has made us 35 cakes!!!! :shock: :D 8) (no kidding).

She also made 15 sausage rolls :D

CWNT has PLENTY of food!
  • Haha toooooo late :D

We also now have a tub of flapjack and some choc cornflake cakes :lol:

Shall I bring a blanket and a picnic basket?

oh and i now have the gopro!
  • bails87
    Cake-tastic! :lol:
    nazi-cake.gif
    MTB/CX

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    aaaah, nazi cake, the most delicious of all cakes.
  • bails87
    aaaah, nazi cake, the most delicious of all cakes.

Full of delicious Nazis!
    MTB/CX

• badflaw
    badflaw Posts: 32
    Aiy iy iyaya ya ya ayyyyyyyyyreeebaaaaaaa areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been to one Hombres ride. I fancy this one - count me in if I wake up in time :-P

Ill be on a grey boardman full sus with 90 percent sag in the front forks!

Lee
  • Didn't realise this was a Hombres ride? :?

I'll bring my shock pump then?