KR and NKR

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Rode down this tonight for a change of scenery.

What a traffic infested cyclist loon race track, lorry nut, pull out in front of you turn across in front of you, stop dead for no reason, pedestrian covered, cut you up in my 4x4 nightmare it is.

Never again.

Well, I might do it tomorrow as it was quite interesting.

Comments

• itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    Heh. I cycled up it recently when I took a wrong turn trying out a new route home; I've walked along it enough to have found it a welcome - if eccentric - guide back to familiar territory. It is all you say ;)
  • diplomacy
    diplomacy Posts: 34
    everyone should be required to ride along the king's road at least once a year - it's like watching one of those road safety awareness videos - "how many hazards did you spot?". amazingly though i've never seen an actual accident there.

also you didn't mention the road surface, which makes it difficult to stay in the cycle lane and impossible to move out of it.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Thats on my (scenic) commute home. Its busy, but never really a problem. Its quite fast actually. Lots of other cyclists, so plenty of SCR going on :D
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    notsoblue wrote:
    Thats on my (scenic) commute home. Its busy, but never really a problem. Its quite fast actually. Lots of other cyclists, so plenty of SCR going on :D

On the money. I did fall off on it in the snow, but that was my (and the snow's) fault! It requires attention, but it's my preferred route home.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    If you have sense you tackle the NKR Pave then switch to the Fulham Rd by Stamford Bridge, else you're just bogged down by traffic and toffs in the road.

to think they plan to run the Olympic Road Race down it just beggers belief.
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    ha, they're nothing compare to the Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush is a daaaangerous place.
  • notsoblue
    boondog wrote:
    ha, they're nothing compare to the Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush is a daaaangerous place.

Theres a cycle lane on the Uxbridge road.....somewhere....
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    KR and NKR twice a day every day. It was recommended by my doctor :lol:
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Gussio wrote:

Is she also your wife and gets a big lump sum if you crock it?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    prj45 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Is she also your wife and gets a big lump sum if you crock it?

Hmmm......*goes to inspect small print on life insurance policy...*
  • notsoblue
    Well, after saying that its not *that* busy and pretty fast... yesterday it was like a carpark!
  • Aah - saw the title and thought you meant Old Kent Road and New Kent Road (and had just forgotten the O). And I was about to say that I couldn't agree more with you about the road conditions. :lol:
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.