Manchester 100 mile Ride

zoglug
zoglug Posts: 212
Hey everyone,

Having completed the Manchester - Blackpool ride yesterday, i am turning my attentions to my big challenge of the year, the Manchester 100 miler. Having never been over 62 miles, which is incidentally the distance covered yesterday :wink: i am a little nervous.

Has anyone rode this before? Whats the route like? does it have any nasty hills in it?

Finally, does anyone have a link to the route used in previous years so i can get a flavour for it and its elevations?

Many thanks

Zoglug
iamwhatiam.gif

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Hi dude, haha just like you I did the manc blackpool yesterday and am looking to do the manc 100, been meaning to do it for years but it always clashed with me hols.

Heres some info from cycling weekly and some rider comments. I think its mainly flattish with the odd bump or two, IIRC forumers who've done it commented on the weather, given that its in Sept rathe rthan the course.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/routes/n ... r-100.html
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    It's what I'd call flat - some lumps near Delamere and a little sting near Styal at about 97 miles....

Key points - take your own cash, food and supplies - you get nothing, other than water.

Quite a quick circult, pleasant route.
  • Colinof
    Colinof Posts: 10
    Hi

I like you did the manc blackpool on sunday and really enjoyed it also.(my longest ride yet)
    I'm going to sign up for the Manchester 100 this week.Ive heard its not to bad regarding hills.

Bring on the Century!!!!!!