Anyone riding the 106 mile Bikeradar sportive?

gabriel959
gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
Its next Saturday, I was planning on doing it with a couple of clubmates but they have both dropped out last minute so I am looking for some forumites to chat to during the long 106 mile ride!!!

CHeers,
Gabriel
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra

Comments

• gabriel959
    No one? Damn, i would hae thougt it would be more popular in this forum in particular.

Ps. I dont bite! :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    I am doing it, but as it's my first one I think you'll be far ahead of me!
  • what brakes
    what brakes Posts: 328
    im doing it along with a mate. we do bite but you should be ok.... :lol:

you will find that once you get going and get your rythem you will find yourself regulary swapping place with fellow riders and you will form mutual bond. I had this at the burgess hill 1066. there were a couple of nice guys and after i had a brief chat. others however wont even say hi.

I shall be there nice and early prob too early as usual :roll: so more than welcome to come and have a chat and pisss take.
  • ianlash
    What time do you call early? I see registration is from 5am ( :shock: ) to 7am, and then it doesn't start until 8am. What happens between 7 and 8?

I see they are providing some food and drink. Would you also take your own?

Cheers,
    Ian
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I have an entry available to me but I don't wanna drive and it's far from about 3 BR stations, one of which is uphill.

It's a great concept but I don't think I'll go at this point. The Surry 100 is on Sunday which I'm signed up for in my own name so I'll be defo on for that.

I could probably do both but I know the little lady wants me to buy some window-boxes this weekend as well - oh the joy of navigating B&Q...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • what brakes
    what brakes Posts: 328
    i will prob be there from 6.30ish.

get a decent parking place
    mooch around and find where you need to be etc
    drink my energy drink
    mooch around some more
    use the toilet a couple of times
    get bike ready
    get cycle clothing on
    hang around till you need to be at start line
    then go like you stole it.... well for first mile before blowing out my bottom and then go ata a sensible pace ! lol
  • gabriel959
    I am driving from Cambridge so I will be up real early (4.00am)

I am taking my own food and drink - although if there is some available I will take some!!! :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • ianlash
    According to the e-mail I received today, registration is "between 17.00 and 21.00 Friday or 0500 and 0730 Saturday". The website still says until 0700 Saturday though.
  • gabriel959
    Thanks for the offers by the way. I will be probably wearing my Red Shutt jersey most probably. Look out for my bike too.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x