Battered Butt

wobbem
wobbem Posts: 283
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Crawled back from the Are you tough enough event and after over 6hrs on the bike my butt is as raw as sushi, I used - endura padded lined shorts and ample amounts of ozone chamois creme. I don't want to go through this pain every long race ,any ideas?
Don't think, BE:

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Unless you ride 6hrs on a regular basis, you probably will be sore the moring after. Just a case of MTFU i'm afraid.

You could try a different saddle I suppose, but it's probably not going to help if you're used to short rides.

Just build up your riding times, your ass will soon become accustomed to it. :wink:
  • CraziScot
    CraziScot Posts: 66
    If its the endura 6/8 panel liner shorts, thats the first thing to ditch, they are pap! I used to ride long distance in these and would start suffering within an hour. Now I'm using Endura FS260 Pro Bib shorts with Udderly Smooth, regularly do 3+ hours on the bike with no problems.
  • wobbem
    Got a fizik gobi saddle, been doing regular 4 hr rides for ages but only recently started wearing the endura with the click 6 panel, basically so I could use the liner with longs for the winter and the Humvees for the summer. Hmmmm. suppose bibs make sense because they keep the pads up and close and firm but if my mates saw me wearing them.......... :oops:
    Will try a different cream first.
    Don't think, BE:
  • Ah, the dreaded "Monkey Butt" - bibs really do help!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    MTFU. I can also report that my gooch was transparent after a very wet 35 miler on saturday.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    wobbem wrote:
    Got a fizik gobi saddle, been doing regular 4 hr rides for ages but only recently started wearing the endura with the click 6 panel, basically so I could use the liner with longs for the winter and the Humvees for the summer. Hmmmm. suppose bibs make sense because they keep the pads up and close and firm but if my mates saw me wearing them.......... :oops:
    Will try a different cream first.

They need never know cos you can still wear your humvees or any other shorts over your bibshorts.

I have a Gobi and find if I use it a lot I have difficulty walking, it affects my arse muscles in a strange way.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • wobbem
    Many thanks for the advice guys, bought some Giordana bibs and did a 5.5 hr 100 km enduro, in the mud and rain and no pain. Bloody marvellous.
    Must confess , felt like Freddy Mercury when I first tried them on.
    :oops:
    Things got a bit interesting when I stopped for a leak as well......
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hang on, why are Borat style bibshorts any better than just regular padded shorts?
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Hang on, why are Borat style bibshorts any better than just regular padded shorts?

Personally, I find bib shorts keep the padding in the correct place all the time, rather than with standed padded liners where I have expirienced bunching and hence chaffing :( Additionally, for me the added bonus of the bib covering your lower back makes for a more comfortable/warmer ride in the cooler months if your jersey rides up. :)
  • Anonymous
    Are you sure your normal shorts fitted you? I've never experienced that problem.
  • wobbem
    leather arse! :D
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous

because you can grip onto them with your sphincter via the included dildo so they stay more firmly in place i would imagine.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    its all about figuring out whether its a saddle u sit on or sit in and if you like assos. for cream either assos & or dznuts. anyways its all trial and error and then success hopefully
  • wobbem
    bobpzero wrote:
    its all about figuring out whether its a saddle u sit on or sit in and if you like assos. for cream either assos & or dznuts. anyways its all trial and error and then success hopefully

Slip in a H,L,E in assos and that whole sentence would tell a rather different story :shock:
    Don't think, BE: