McMillan ride in Afan

Sgt.Fatknacker
Sgt.Fatknacker Posts: 83
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Anyone signed up for this ? I'd really love to give the 100k a go. I'm 47, but I've been doing 20 miles a day since December. Is this enough !
If a tree falls down in the forest, and no-one is close enough to hear it, will my wife still hate me ?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i think it's fully booked up. all the people i know who've tried to enter haven't heard anything back. but give it a go and see what happens :D
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    Looks like a great event, shame as I'm already booked that weekend (Three Peaks).

I'm not sure why you think it's fully booked, the MacMillan website doesn't state that.

As for how hard this is, well, the W2 black run at Afan is 50 km and that's tough. If the 100km event is 2 of those, then your ass,arms, wrists, neck, back and obviously legs will be damn sore afterwards. But it's for a good cause, so get on and do it !!

20 mile a day sounds like quite a lot. And it that's on your MTB, then you know roughly that your position is comfy enough for a long day out.

Hopefully there will be food/drink stops on the way to keep fuel topped up - that's often the hardest part of an endurance event.

I'd watch some of those downhills, especially when you're tired.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    BG2000 wrote:
    Looks like a great event, shame as I'm already booked that weekend (Three Peaks).

I'm not sure why you think it's fully booked, the MacMillan website doesn't state that.

As for how hard this is, well, the W2 black run at Afan is 50 km and that's tough. If the 100km event is 2 of those, then your ass,arms, wrists, neck, back and obviously legs will be damn sore afterwards. But it's for a good cause, so get on and do it !!

20 mile a day sounds like quite a lot. And it that's on your MTB, then you know roughly that your position is comfy enough for a long day out.

Hopefully there will be food/drink stops on the way to keep fuel topped up - that's often the hardest part of an endurance event.
    If it's not fully booked then my bad. I just know that 2 or 3 of my mates tried to enter and got no response but that was quite a while back
    I'd watch some of those downhills, especially when you're tired.
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i enterd last week and got details/sponorship form though few days ago, only problem is i cant train for it until halfway though August due to injury forcing me off exercise so i am going to be lagging at the back somewhere
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337