Tour de France commentary topic

Climber_Andy
Climber_Andy Posts: 852
edited July 2010 in Pro race
After today, I think we need a Tour-long forum for commtenary scruitinising and/or praise... a lot more of the former though after the first road stage:

-Liggett and Sherwen had a classic mishap, mistaking Pliuschin for Martin (forgivable) and then calling him "Moldavian" and saying "Moldavia" about ten times (not so forgivable). As someone who vaguely knows European geography, very cringeworthy.

-Saying that Renshaw was down then having him pop up in second wasn't great either.

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Liggett & Sherwin have sold their ass's to the yanks and pander to them

Eurosport's coverage is better tho Carlton Kirby is a PHANNY and is so far up the "Texan
    Myths" ars* its unreal.

Thankfully we dont have to listen to Bob Roll - even some yank fans hate their own coverage as its turned into the Lance show.
  • Eurosport were calling the Moldovan rider Macedonian ffs
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Eurosport were calling the Moldovan rider Macedonian ffs

To be fair to them, the name caption put on by the host broadcaster showed a Macedonian flag.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Why do Eurosport & ITV4 have their ad breaks at the same time? Watching Eurosport and they go to an ad so I flick to ITV4 who go to an ad break 30 seconds later :x
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Heartbreaker to hear Fignon commentating - but great to have his insight, expertise and knowledge.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    redvee wrote:
    Why do Eurosport & ITV4 have their ad breaks at the same time? Watching Eurosport and they go to an ad so I flick to ITV4 who go to an ad break 30 seconds later :x

Possibly because the host channel have promotion or their own adverts @ this time - It would be a bit pointless showing a bunch of french adverts to the retards in the U.K.. Can you imagine the uproar it would cause? This forum would probably go into overload...

bunch of winging fukcers
    cartoon.jpg
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    After today, I think we need a Tour-long forum for commtenary scruitinising and/or praise... a lot more of the former though after the first road stage:

-Liggett and Sherwen had a classic mishap, mistaking Pliuschin for Martin (forgivable) and then calling him "Moldavian" and saying "Moldavia" about ten times (not so forgivable). As someone who vaguely knows European geography, very cringeworthy.

-Saying that Renshaw was down then having him pop up in second wasn't great either.

So what's wrong with Pliuschin being called moldavian?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    csp wrote:

So what's wrong with Pliuschin being called moldavian?

He's Moldovan. Moldavia is a province of Romania (as David Harmon explained shortly after Kirby called him Macedonian).
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    redvee wrote:

They generally don't. I often flicked between the two last year "filling in the blanks".