What should I do with my e-bike

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
I have a 2008 wisper 905 that I no longer use, I think it needs a new battery and the brakes need sorting out, but I'm not sure if its worth keeping or maybe I should sell it?

Any point in keeping an electric bike?

Comments

• dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Errr..
    Sell it on e-bay?
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    If you sell it on ebay make sure you don't tell them they'll be buying a proper bike in a few weeks!

Either that or they'll got he way of our lazy two wheeled betheren on their motorbikes and scooters.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Ah keep it.

You never know, you might need it. Or you might sell it to a friend to get them into cycling.

I've never sold a bike.

I have a lot of bikes.

Because I keep all of them.

:oops:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Ah keep it.

You never know, you might need it. Or you might sell it to a friend to get them into cycling.

I've never sold a bike.

I have a lot of bikes.

Because I keep all of them.

:oops:

Yeah... I'm getting embarrassingly close to double figures...

I'm seriously considering putting up another shed to try and house them all.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    trouble with the whisper is that the battery is (IIRC) nearly £400 for a new one....

A colleague got one a year or so ago...he was an unfit normal guy getting the train to work, and the day after he got the whisper, he was doing a 20 mile each way commute!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Yeah the batteries are expensive, I'm not sure that I ever want to go back to e-biking or have it taking up space in my house. So I'm going to fix the brakes and put it on ebay...

But yes when I first started commuting it was great...all the fun of cycling with none of the hard work :oops:
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    Still cheaper than motorcar/motorbike :)
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    moonio wrote:
    with none of the hard work :oops:

[stern]That hard work IS the fun.[/stern]