Fluid in Team Sky water Bottles

relanium
relanium Posts: 487
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I don't suppose anyone will know what Team Sky & Team GB put in their water bottles as fluid.

Comments

• tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Evian..
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    motor oil
  • team gb: SIS
    team sky: gatorade

but both have added electrolytes to compensate for there individual sweat losses. individualized drinks. see team sky video on there website.
  • Steve2020
    Steve2020 Posts: 133
    I picked up one of their bottles when I was watching Paris Roubaix and in the interests of science drank the contents. It don't think it was Gatorade - it wasn't sweet at all, slightly salty. It was a pale white colour. Sadly it didn't seem particularly performance enhancing.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    I'd assumed it would be cherry juice. :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Steve2020 wrote:
    I picked up one of their bottles when I was watching Paris Roubaix and in the interests of science drank the contents. It don't think it was Gatorade - it wasn't sweet at all, slightly salty. It was a pale white colour. Sadly it didn't seem particularly performance enhancing.

You probably drank Matthew Hayman's urine.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Steve2020
    Steve2020 Posts: 133
    definitely not, his is much less salty.
  • relanium
    Why Im asking is, I picked a water bottle up from the Team Sky feed station at the Nationals in barley, and today I took it with me on a long ride and there was certainly some performance kick in the drink..... Just curious what they use in their bottles as I'd like to buy what they use for future.....
    It was water mixed with something, it was a little sweet but not very much if that helps.
  • did you go to the race 'village' at the nationals? they were giving out free gatorade!

if they are sponsored by them, they will be drinking it. brailsfords scientific approach to everything would mean they would probably not drink anything else as to keep their performances controlled
  • relanium
    Yeah we went to the village - We got our free bottles of Gatorade, but this tastes nothing like the orange gatorade they were giving away free...
    The drink I got from the feed station tastes a little like lemon, but not sweet, easy to drink.

Not sure if it could be this.... Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder which is on the Gatorade website.
  • They were giving away free lemon gatorade too! it was probably that.

as it was an extra hot day, maybe they added more salt/minerals which affected taste. you could always just email them and ask....
  • relanium
    I have emailed Team Sky asking what is was in their bottles, so lets hope they reply back.....

It was really weird too because I got 2 bottles from the feed station, and one was marked with a cross on the top to say that was the energy drink, and the other was plain water was no cross.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128

if they are sponsored by them, they will be drinking it.

Is this irony or are you especially naive?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    team gb: SIS
    team sky: gatorade

but both have added electrolytes to compensate for there individual sweat losses. individualized drinks. see team sky video on there website.

CNP Pro Fuel and other CNP products are used..
    cartoon.jpg
  • I like this thread.

Relanium, please pass on the good news if you ever find out. Nice one.
  • relanium
    Looking at todays pics on Team Sky's Facebook page, it seems that the team is sponsored by Gatorade for their fluids, so I guess they must have something developed by Gatorade in their bottles - Maybe something like this:-
    http://www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#product?s=g-powder
    or the "Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder".
  • phil s wrote:

if they are sponsored by them, they will be drinking it.

Is this irony or are you especially naive?

Team Sky do actually use Gatorade. Considering it's the best out there they'd be silly not too. However, all the cyclists who get sponsored by lucozade/powerade certainly don't use it (I think Nicole Cooke was sponsored at one point) because they're both shit.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Just the if they're sponsored by them they must be using them supposition. There are countless things teams are sponsored by yet re-badged product is used.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • liamg
    liamg Posts: 193
    Just went on the CNP website and they claim that they are the official suppliers to Sky

http://www.cnpprofessional.co.uk/
  • liamg wrote:
    Just went on the CNP website and they claim that they are the official suppliers to Sky

http://www.cnpprofessional.co.uk/

All gels, no mention of actual sports drink mixture...
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I've had more fun trying to guess when my paint is dry, than guessing the result of this thread.

I wonder what toilet paper Wiggins uses?