Chichester, West Sussex Area anyone?

rob allison
rob allison Posts: 27
edited September 2010 in MTB rides
Hi everybody!
New to this area and looking for some decent riding, single track, downhill anythng fun really needed.

Appreciate any help :D
R.Allison

Comments

• nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    The closest place I know near you is Whiteways, just north of Arundel, which is on the South Downs. It's pretty good, although not really extreme.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    It has to be Kingley Vale, QE Country Park and the South Downs... check out the Kingley Vale Mountain Bikers, and come along for a ride with us. We have plenty of XC, lots of singletrack, and there are downhills at both KV and QECP. The guys can show you how to get to them.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Thanks very much I go past Queen Liz park all the time! All those wasted opportunities
    Thanks guys
    :D
    R.Allison
  • bartimaeus
    For KV see my post: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12696077

You can also ride up the Centurions Way towards West Dean, then cut through to Chilgrove and take the bridle path up to Bow Hill and on to the top of KV - this takes you on to the Adsdean descent which is one of the best singletrack descents in the area - though if you really want to go fast I would wait till late evening when there's less chance of meeting anything coming up.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    There's plenty of riding on the downs either side of amberley. Haven't been down there in a while, but if I remember correctly, if you get the train across to arundel station there is a nice little stretch to get you warmed up on the bridleway from south stoke to houghton. Just grab an os map, get out and explore, you've got some of the best riding in the SE, in my opinion.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • bartimaeus
    And of course, there is always the South Downs Way - get yourself in practice for MaXx Exposure "South Downs Way Night Enduro" overnight 25th-26th September... 80 miles in 7-12 hours. Too much for me I think, though I could be tempted by "The MaXx Pub Loop (20 miles)" :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Further away, an hour or so north and you're up to the Surrey Hills and North Downs which has some decent stuff.
  • nickfrog wrote:
    The closest place I know near you is Whiteways, just north of Arundel, which is on the South Downs. It's pretty good, although not really extreme.

Is any of that singletrack around whiteways rideable on a cyclocross bike by any chance?