london to brighton off road

johnb42
johnb42 Posts: 7
hi im doing the bhf london to brighton off road event in september and aint got a clue what to expect or what to do as regards to training at the mo im just cycling to and from work a round trip of only 26 miles i know i need to put more miles in . any training advise would be great cheers

Comments

• Shmikuk
    Shmikuk Posts: 117
    Hi John, I'm also doing the ride in September, and have actually ridden parts of the route as thu are local to me or my buddy who is also riding. The downs link section from cranleigh to shireham is quite easy, nothing technical and gentle ups and downs. The part from weybridge to cranleigh is a bit more challenging with a fair few hills and some sandy sections. The ups are quite rooty and stony in places. The hill at about 67 miles in is quite challenging to say the least.
  • Shmikuk
    Shmikuk Posts: 117
    I'm not sure if the route will be the same as previously but I found the route on everytrail.com from last year.
  • johnb42
    johnb42 Posts: 7
    great thanks for that im gonna have a look and ride some of the route then so i know what im letting myself infor cheers