Fox RP23 Shock Remote Lockout?

Spugnut
Spugnut Posts: 128
edited January 2012 in MTB general
RP23 remote lockout. Did Fox ever make one? I've had a bit of a google rummage but can't find much in the way of info. Anyone know if there's an official Fox item or aftermarket device available?
Happy trails.

Comments

• Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Cant say as I have ever seen a remote lockout for an RP23 as it doesnt have a lockout as such, just pro pedal on/off which acts to stiffen up the suspension and you can adjust the level of stiffness 1/2/3.
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    i find reaching down to "lock out" the RP23 takes seconds and would be pointless having a bar mounted lever, would add cables and clutter to the bike.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    capoz77 wrote:
    i find reaching down to "lock out" the RP23 takes seconds and would be pointless having a bar mounted lever, would add cables and clutter to the bike.

Aye, dont see the point its so easy to just flick the lever round.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Fox do not make a remote lock out for rear shocks
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    was looking for a remote lockout myself a few months ago and came across this

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthr ... te-Lockout

never actually got around to it though...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Spugnut
    Yep, operating it directly is no problem. I was just asking out of curiosity more than anything.
    Happy trails.
  • jed
    jed Posts: 21
    WHY??!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ProPedal is not lockout. Set it optimally for your frame, and leave it alone.
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Just came across this so I thought I would add it in here, looks like fox are doing some remote lockouts afterall.

http://australianmountainbike.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-goodies-in-my-garage.html
  • capoz77
    ProPedal is not lockout. Set it optimally for your frame, and leave it alone.

I don't agree with that, the rp23 propedal lever can turn the shock from small bump compliance full travel plush, to not far off hardtail characteristics for climbing at the flick of a switch.

Thats exactly how mine is setup, :)
  • Anonymous
    DHX is completely different then. Propedal on that is basically just very strong low speed compression damping, with a clever markety name. Because it's low speed, it doesn't (well shouldn't) affect high speed compression.

In truth there is always an interplay between low and high speed compression, but the shock is absolutely rideable DH even with propedal maxed out.
  • capoz77
    Thats why I chose the RP23 over the DHX, i want a fast way to turn my full susses' rear into a hardtail, the pro pedal lever does this.

The dial lets you set various pro pedal firmness so you can truly have x2 unique settings at the flick of a switch.

DSCF4806.jpg
  • Anonymous
    so what you have is a lockout then?

I didn't know they had that.
  • capoz77
    so what you have is a lockout then?

I didn't know they had that.

On the firmest setting pretty much, on the other settings you can have a good climbing firmness with a bit of give for any rocky bits.

Got a Pike 426 Coil upfront too, with poploc so that can be locked out in seconds.
  • Spugnut
    Cheers for the link Frodo.

I,ve only got the one 20 mile bimble to go by but I'd say the pro-pedal works excellently. Running it on a Giant XTC 2000 with NRS geometry I had a play about with the 3 stage dial and you can definitely tell the difference from one setting to the next. I just left it on 3 most of the time and climbing was superb but when you hit a large bump the shock just dealt with it smoothly. I wouldn't say it "locks out", there is certainly still movement there though you can really get the power down. I still need to play around with it a bit but so far it's a huge leap from the SID Xc air, circa 2000, that was on there before.

Dealt with my weight as well (220lb), plenty of difference in sprung and unsprung mass for it to show off with. Awesome shock.
    Happy trails.
  • Yes they do as I have been looking to buy the trek slash 9 with DRCV and remote lock out
    More info on fox website http://www.foxracingshox.com/technology ... =lnav_tech
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiEK25_j8T8zTWZq3o7h0mDdoGV7iv2WAE5QZYgp5_garOmv-c4eO7C5I07g

There's an aftermarket RP2 remote available now but no idea if it's retrofittable. Looks orrible tbh.
    Uncompromising extremist