my steed is almost done

weemo1rush
weemo1rush Posts: 78
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Well i jumped from geared to singlespeed and i love it . Re doing all my events that i have done in the past on it. Wanted to share with you guys. Its done but i am waiting for a white industries rear eno rear hub and white industries crank set. plus im think of going full rigid with a set of nuke proof carbon forks. get rid of that nasty Rear tensioner
NICE AND LIGHT NICE AND FAST.

http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... 092503.jpg

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Looks nice & SS riding is addictive, good choice on the rear hub as no tensioner looks so much cleaner.
    I will say don't go for the popular straight legged carbon fork if you want rigid, they flex a lot & don't track that great. Instead (as your bike will take an 80mm sus corrected fork by the look of it) get the bent Ritchey/Token/Trigon fork, it's a lot stiffer than the Nuke Proof style (I've ran both) it tracks a whole lot better, is lots lighter & wont flex backwards under braking.
    You can buy them for around the same price >
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories
  • weemo1rush
    They look pretty sweet i like the blade look on them too.
    Have you bought yours off of ebay.?
  • Salsa
    Yes I bought some off Ebay but mine were from a UK seller & being a bit of a tart I got the Ritchey WCS ones to match the rest of the carbon WCS parts on my bike.
    The Token/Trigon forks are exactly the same fork with different graphics except they are a 3rd of the price of the WCS ones :)
    I paid around £150 for mine though, but they were slightly used.
    If your getting the eno hub then you need a freewheel for it, there are cheap versions but if you can stretch to it buy the matching White Industries freewheel. Also bear in mind the 18t trials version of the WI freewheel has a awesome amount of pick up points (something like 5 degree pick up) so is worth getting if that ratio works for you.
  • Salsa
    Oh here's a pic of my race bike in geared mode to give you an idea of how the forks look on a bike, I like the look but others don't. The look does grow on you though.

15062010106.jpg
  • weemo1rush
    yea already ordered it all up going to run the dos freewheel that will give me a 16/18 option on the back and run a 38 on the front. which is what im running at the mo and seems to suit the way i ride.