RPCC - 3/4 July

The good weather looks to be sticking around for the weekend so will be looking to get out for a ride and get the legs ready for a week in the Alpes from the weekend after.

Saturday 8 a.m. as usual is probably best for me. Probably something similar in length to last weekend but maybe with some new roads explored.

As always the rules of the ride:

ø Anyone is welcome to attend

ø Will average somewhere between 16-18 mph

ø No one gets dropped and we'll regroup at the top of hills

ø We'll find a tea and cake stop (most likely Box Hill)

Hope to see you there

Comments

• tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Count me in. :)
  • tyskie
    Anyone else :?:
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    I'm going to have to take a rain check on this one - my sister's down, so I need to do a bit of family bonding.

In fact, I probably won't be out on the roads for a few weeks now - probably the first week in August will be my next outing... Have fun through July all, let's hope the weather stays as it is.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    tyskie wrote:
    Anyone else :?:

They must all be Ghana or Paraguay supporters and worried about a hangover tomorrow
  • I don't suppose anyone is going out on Sunday.
  • thebongolian
    I don't suppose anyone is going out on Sunday.

I may depending on how fr and how fast we go on Sat
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Working again all weekend. YAWN!

see you soon hopefully.
  • tyskie
    Great ride yesterday. Cheers for guiding us Will and adding Ranmore to the route - the first time I've done that hill. I can certainly feel it in my legs and bum today.
    Top speed was 45.3mph which was probably the instant before my wobble in the face of an oncoming car. :oops:

p.s. this is roughly the route out to the edge of the Chilterns that I was talking about yesterday.
    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... rse=150945
  • thebongolian
    Agreed, really enjoyed it and good of you to indulge my desire to find new routes
    tyskie wrote:
    Top speed was 45.3mph which was probably the instant before my wobble in the face of an oncoming car. :oops:

Forgotten about that. Looking at my Garmin I hit 46 :shock: 8) at some point down there. Was seconds away from needing to throughly wash my shorts