Polhill

danf211
danf211 Posts: 30
edited July 2010 in Road beginners
I cycled past 2 groups of about 10 cyclists, pretty close together today, while I was going down Polhill and they were going up.
They all looked like pretty decent riders - I'm assuming it was a club ride, but I'm not sure what club? I often cycle that route on my own and have been looking for a club to join anyway!

Comments

• CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    Dulwich Paragon wednesday chain gang, leaves Elmers End roundabout at 7.15pm

thanks for the compliment 8)

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • danf211
    Ah ok, thanks! How long is the route and what pace do you ride at?
    Any contact info for someone so I can get in touch about joining the club/coming along for a ride?
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    http://www.dulwichparagon.com/
    I presume you can press the buttons on your phone? :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    last night was my first time, i just rocked up and everyone was very welcoming.

split into 2 groups, i was in 2nd group avge rolling pace of about 17/18mph, stopped for punctures and to regroup at a couple of places. glad i went along and will probably give a saturday morning run a try this w/e

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • danf211
    skyd0g wrote:
    http://www.dulwichparagon.com/
    I presume you can press the buttons on your phone? :wink:

Awww, can't you do that for me too?!
    Many thanks - I knew about the website but thought someone on here might know exactly who to contact.
    I guess I'll come along for a saturday ride, although from looking at the site, I think the Wednesday ride might be more my thing. Never ridden in a group before though!
    I finish my exams in a couple of weeks so I'll try to come along then!

Thanks for the help guys!