converting Shimano to Campag. help????

goofyfoot
goofyfoot Posts: 180
edited July 2010 in Road beginners
Sorry ,excuse my ignorance but bought a wheelset from the forum which is shimano set up and need to fit a 9spd Campag cassette. Is this expensive ? Can I just change the freehub bit or do I need to replace the whole hub and get the rim re laced.
Thanks

Comments

• John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Some wheels you can change the freehub, others not. We would need to know what wheel you have.
    You can also get after market 9sp cassettes with Campag spacing but Shimano splines. I can not remember where from but someone here will know.
  • goofyfoot
    goofyfoot Posts: 180
    Ritchey DS PRO OCR Wheelset - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
    in a1 condition without any marks etc, used for around 150 miles then got a cheap upgrade.

As advertised in classifieds forum.My mucker who is building my bike is unsure whether these can be converted ,if they can thinks it will cost around 60gbp .Thoughts please
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Probably more cost effective to sell the wheels again and buy what you need from the forum!
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    John.T wrote:
    Some wheels you can change the freehub, others not. We would need to know what wheel you have.
    You can also get after market 9sp cassettes with Campag spacing but Shimano splines. I can not remember where from but someone here will know.

Ambrosio do 10 speed cassette with Shimano splines and campag spacing, not 9 spd though.

Mavic and Marchisio are other options, unfortunately you will have to re-mortgage the house if you go for the Marchisio option.

Also Highpath engineering make different spacers I think??
  • Pazuzu99
    Pazuzu99 Posts: 45
    I've got a Mavic cassette for sale that should do this.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/forum/vie ... highlight=

If you're local to me you can come down and try it if you like?

Cheers,

Phil