London to Paris 2011

robspecialized
robspecialized Posts: 7
edited July 2010 in Tour & expedition
Hi I am considering the London to Paris ride next year, and just wonder if anyone had done it. My main concern is the raising of the sponsorship money - any ideas ???
Whilst new to road bikes, i have had mine for nearly 6 weeks and would not go back to mountain bike at all now.
Specialized Allez Triple 2010

Comments

• leehellcat
    leehellcat Posts: 37
    Did this a couple of weeks back, a group of us on here organised it to avoid the huge amount of money you have to raise for the charity rides.
    If you do the 3 day version it is 3 days of around 100 miles. There arent that many 'hills', but the route in undulating. the scenery is great in France, and possibly the nicest place to cycle, with very friendly locals.
    The 4 day version is split into 70 -80 mile days from memory, slightly easier I guess if your not used to the mileage.
    Best plan at this stage is to start getting the miles into your legs and see if you can do a couple of days back to back cycling of say 60-80 miles,.
    As for raising a kings randsom to pay for it, best get sweet talking everyone you know, and their friends too !
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris/
  • Already started sponsorship - www.justgiving.com/robthomas71 . Thanks for the advice, looking forward to getting out on my bike in training.
    Specialized Allez Triple 2010