Back injuy - need to turn to a pannier

es330
es330 Posts: 46
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Since injurying my back (again!) I need to consider a pannier. Gutted considering it wasn't long ago I spent £80 on a Cheesy Disco crumpler :x

I therefore must consider the pannier option and one which can house a 17" laptop. I have a Trek 2.3 road bike. Would a pannier sit on one of these? Can anyone recommend a budget-medium priced brand / option?

Thanks
Trek 2.3 2010

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Altura dryline 17 is perfect for you: http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Altura-Urban-Dr ... _15733.htm

I have one and it's a fine piece of kit.

The only weird thing with it, is that it sits at 40 odd degrees to keep away from your feet, and can look a little odd :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I have a rack and use a 3 bag pannier, laptop in a skinny case on top and other stuff in the sides.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Altura dryline 17 is perfect for you: http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Altura-Urban-Dr ... _15733.htm

The only weird thing with it, is that it sits at 40 odd degrees to keep away from your feet, and can look a little odd :)

I had a bad experience with Tredz .......... bunch of :x

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • es330
    es330 Posts: 46
    Thanks. What racks can you also recommend?
    Trek 2.3 2010
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    My Altura Dryline pannier carried a heavy 17" laptop to & from work every day for years without problems (it's outlasted the laptop and still going strong). Great pannier.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    For a rack I would recommend a Tortec Expedition, I have these fitted to both of my commuting bikes.

For carrying my laptop I use an Ortlieb Office Bag Classic. The bag also carries my spares, clothing, lunch and any odds and sods that I might need to transport as one-offs.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    AndyManc wrote:

I had a bad experience with Tredz .......... bunch of :x

It was the first advert I found for the pannier - I didn't get mine from them
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter