Online TDF highlights

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,702
edited June 2010 in The bottom bracket
As I have no desire to buy a TV license purely to watch the Tour on the Eurosport player, I'm looking for other options.

As I see it, I could either:
1. Go back to my parents' house every day to watch the Tour (highly impractical)
2. Get the Eurosport player and watch it anyway (illegal, big fine if I'm caught)
3. Watch recorded highlights somewhere

You're allowed to watch TV without a TV license as long as it isn't being broadcast at the time (BBC Iplayer and the like are perfectly fine). So, does anyone know of a similar service where I could see TDF highlights? I would be willing to pay for this, as it would inevitably be a lot cheaper than the license + Eurosport player.

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ITV4 are showing Le Tour live (and presumably highlights) :D
    Cycling weakly
  • whyamihere
    skyd0g wrote:
    Yep. But unless they put it onto the web player thingy, I'd have to watch it as it was being broadcast, which I can't do without a license. If they do put it onto their web player, then problem solved, but I have a feeling they may not be allowed to.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    whyamihere wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:
    Yep. But unless they put it onto the web player thingy, I'd have to watch it as it was being broadcast, which I can't do without a license. If they do put it onto their web player, then problem solved, but I have a feeling they may not be allowed to.

I see your point. :oops:
    ...they have tellies in prison though. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I've sprung for a new TV and sky HD just for the tour, stop being a student and get a TV licence :P

I'd say come round mine and watch it but it's further than your folks and I'll no doubt be forced to get up early and watch it before work. 5am training ride? :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • whyamihere
    prawny wrote:
    I've sprung for a new TV and sky HD just for the tour, stop being a student and get a TV licence :P

I'd say come round mine and watch it but it's further than your folks and I'll no doubt be forced to get up early and watch it before work. 5am training ride? :?
    Hmmm, HD would be tempting... ;)
  • TDF highlight show was on the ITV player last year
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Sky HD, but, after the TdF... Nothing of interest to me...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!