Orange 2011 Models on site

thedirge
thedirge Posts: 181
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Seems Orange have updated their site.

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/2011/crush/

Very pretty! wish it was the same price as last years!
Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Comments

• thedirge
    2011 2010
    RRP £1,399.99  RRP £1,099.99 
    Sizes 15,17,19,21  Sizes 15,17,19,21 
    Colour Carrot Top Orange  Colour Green Grass 
    Tubeset 6061-T6 Custom Butted OS Aluminium Tube  Tubeset 6061-T6 Custom Butted Aluminium 
    Rear Shock N/A  Rear Shock N/A 
    Swing Arm QR Axle  Swing Arm QR Axle 
    Forks Fox 32 Float RL 140mm Tapered Steerer  Forks Fox 32 Float R 140mm 
    F Mech Shimano SLX  F Mech Shimano Deore 
    R Mech Shimano XT Shadow 10 sp  R Mech SRAM X9 Medium Cage 
    Shifters Shimano SLX R Fire +  Shifters SRAM X7 
    Chainset Shimano SLX (3 x 10sp)  Chainset Race Face Ride XC X Type 
    Cassette SRAM PG1050-10  Cassette SRAM PG950 
    Brakes Avid Elixr 5 185/160  Brakes Avid Elixir 5 185/160 
    Hubs Shimano Deore 525 Disc  Hubs Shimano 525 Disc 
    Rims Mavic XM119  Rims Mavic XM117 
    Spokes DT Swiss Competition  Spokes DT Swiss Competition S/S Black 
    Tyres Continental Mountain King 2.2  Tyres Continental Mountain King 2.2 
    Headset Tange TG8  Headset Tange TG8 
    Stem Race Face Ride XC  Stem Race Face Ride XC 
    S Post Race Face Ride XC  S Post Race Face Ride XC 
    Saddle SDG Bel Air  Saddle SDG Bel Air 
    H Bars Race Face Ride XC  H Bars Race Face Ride XC 
    Pedals Flat  Pedals Flat 
    B Bracket Shimano SM51 Hollow Tech 2  B Bracket Race Face X Type 
    Hope Pack None  Hope Pack None 
    Accessories Accessories
    Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.
  • thedirge
    So lockout on the forks, 10 speed and a rim change.

worth the £300?

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    thedirge wrote:
    So lockout on the forks, 10 speed and a rim change.

worth the £300?

you forgot tapered headtube and 30.9 seattube.....

more material there for a start...tweaked design.....you make the £300 sound like just a component change.

I got the 2010 crush. Its fantastic...though they should bin the conti mountain king plastic tyres.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    the 117 rims is a bit of a joke on such a hard hitting bike, they're blatently going to disintegrate rather rapidly.
  • thedirge
    I wasn't trying to make it sound bad at all. I do like the fork lockout quite a bit, not sure what a tapered headtube offers and I guess the seatpost change is for compatibility with those posh adjustable posts.

I'm also waiting for my cycle2work voucher to go pickup my 2010 orange crush. They've replaced the tyres on mine free of charge which is nice. I do like the style a little more on the new model, orange oranges are nice.

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    cee wrote:

Only Orange could ever consider that as headline grabbing revisions :lol:
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    P-Jay wrote:
    cee wrote:

Only Orange could ever consider that as headline grabbing revisions :lol:

Trek did for the 2010 Fuel EX 8 and above :P
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think the Crush will be a better bike - the XM119 should be a tougher rim. The fork is lighter, stiffer and more adjustable.

Still, is 1400 quid...
  • thedirge
    I couldn't find any information on that rim. Yes the price has increased by a significant percentage. I think many of the people using the cycle2work scheme took the Crush as an option because of its pricing.

Actually at 1400£ supersonic what does that pit the crush against?

• mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    not bad,tougher rims at last!!! just glad i got mine when i did :)
  • supersonic
    I am assuming the XM119 is a new mavic rim, or OE special.

I guess we need to see more 2011 bikes to compare the prices really.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    supersonic wrote:
    I guess we need to see more 2011 bikes to compare the prices really.

This. If everyone is going up by about 25%...

EDIT: New 5 should be on the site tomorrow. Sektor fork on the S? I hope so.
  • RevellRider
    From what I've seen from Specialized and Trek is a price increase of around 10-15% for similar spec'd bikes
  • supersonic
    Of course, they will say the 10 speed stuff is the reason :wink:
  • RevellRider
    Not really, the Hardrock Pro has gone up by £50 and even though the brakes are now Shimano and it's now 9 speed it's running a Suntour fork.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Don't know anything about the 119 myself but it can only be a step up from the 117s that were on last year, what a joke. Still an incredible slap in the face on a £1400 bike though. A brand manager's bike still, "Stick 10 speed on it to grab the eye, stick the cheapest Mavic rims you can find on it just to get the Mavic sticker regardless of suitability"

Shame really, it's a nice frame and all but it's not brain surgery to put together a sensible spec. Slash costs on drivetrain, throw it at wheels and fork, job done.

And all bike manufactuers can *** OFF with their high-spec rear mechs and cheaper shifters, aaaargh. "Let's make the bit that controls shifting cheap, and the bit that gets smashed into rocks expensive, just because it's the most obvious in catalogue photos" Not fair to single out Orange on this but I'm going to do it anyway because I'm a mean spirited c**k.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • GHill
    New 5 is up. S model does have the Sektor fork, but it's £2200 (about a 10% increase) and is 9 speed.

Like the red and white colour scheme of the pro model.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Arggghhhh.......

New 5 Pro has gone up to £2800 from c£2500. Thats another couple of hundred quid I have to add to the 'need to be save' pot!

Not a huge fan of the red colour scheme to be honest, and unless I fancy cloud white, chrome gray or plasma blue, then its another £100 on top for another colour :(
  • thedirge
    Yeah blame the previous governments handing of the finances and its effect on the buying power of the pound. Orange isn't a charity, pass the blame to those that deserve it.

On the pictures the head angle looks slacker on the 5 however the table says they're both 67deg.

The Crush also has all the same geometry according to the current site, may just not have been updated yet.

• x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    £2800 for the 5 pro and it's still not as well spec'd as it was back in 2008. It was only £2300 back then. :roll:

Still looks bloody good though!
    Craig Rogers
  • GHill
    x-isle wrote:
    £2800 for the 5 pro and it's still not as well spec'd as it was back in 2008. It was only £2300 back then. :roll:

IIRC, £2800 got you the SE model in 2008. But, the whole industry has got more expensive since then.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    GHill wrote:
    x-isle wrote:

IIRC, £2800 got you the SE model in 2008. But, the whole industry has got more expensive since then.

Correct, and I agree, but in 2 years a hike of £500 with a less spec'd bike is a bit scary.

I'm not saying it's wrong for them to increase, I know they are a UK company and profit margins are going to be slim because of this. However, it's still a bit worrying. Will this now be too expensive to be the competitive great bike that it is?
    Craig Rogers