Wild Edric

chalkstorm
chalkstorm Posts: 84
Guys
I'm a recent 'returner' to road bikes (being an enthusiastic MTBer).
I rode the 100 in the Cheshire Cat earlier this year and loved it...and have got my eye on the Wild Edric.
Anyone else done it - got any comments about it?
Cheers
Si

:D

Comments

• I live in and ride the area the Wild Edric is going through this year, lots of variation with great scenery. The climbs will be goodl, Long Mynd is always a challenge. I've entered, as its local I'd be a fool not to!
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Rode it last year, badly thought out route :shock: with lots of climbs just for climbs sake it seems; I know teh area quite well and a lot of good stuff was missed and extreme hills put in; in fairness to the organisers they say thay have taken on board comments and improved it, but I will definitely not be doing it again
    There are IMHO much better sportives around Welsh borders area / Wales if you want to take them up eg Autumn Epic / TOBM / Trans Cambrian..... :)
  • graememacd
    graememacd Posts: 386
    I'm looking at entering this as my next sportive, not sure whether to do the 54 mile or hundred mile after completing the 63 mile tour of the black mountains at the weekend which i found quite tough but good fun!