Can anyone lend me a hard case bike box?

paulhanson03
paulhanson03 Posts: 3
edited June 2010 in The bottom bracket
Is anyone able to lend me a hard case bike box? I am riding this years L'Etape du Tour on July 18th and my original plan to borrow a box has fallen through.

I am based in Northwich in Cheshire.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Formby cycles hire them out around £30 for the week - used one last week - great and easy to use. You would have to travel to collect and drop off. Hope this helps.

Paul
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    There's a bike shop in Macclesfield that hires them out for £20 I think - if you can't find a loaner.

FWIW - I recently travelled to Spain with my brand new bike - and just used a regular cardboard bike box, placed inside of a padded soft case and had no problems.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've used padded bags for the last 5 years or so - just pipe lag all your tubes and add extra packing. Cheaper and lighter than hard cases.
  • pdstsp wrote:
    Formby cycles hire them out around £30 for the week - used one last week - great and easy to use. You would have to travel to collect and drop off. Hope this helps.

Paul
    Fantastic, many thanks, just spoken to them and I think they can help. Thanks for your help!
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    loan one for £330 - i bought one for around £120 - and have never paid to fly in around yet -
    try

www.thebikeboxcompany.co.uk
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2