Weird wheel problem?

2»

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    how long have you had the forks? could replace them under warrenty if they are under warrenty still.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, probably worth a try, Jay. I doubt, however that the warranty covers crash damage.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    hardly, when he's stacked it badly, most warranties wont cover crash damage.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mine did :D
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    Worth a try I guess. Nothing to loose since they appear to be fooked anyway. Only had them a matter of months. I bought them at the end of February. Been riding the rebuild since June 6th! Not even a month yet :?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    ONZA smart guy light ally rigid forks on ebay for £45, chuck them on a giggle while you get the sussers sorted!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dogboy73
    Who do I get in touch with to enquire about the warranty/return? Would it be the shop I bought them from or a UK RockShox distributor?

Also looking at these as a possible replacement;
    http://www.biketart.com/collections/for ... -only-2010

If I do get the Reba's repaired/replaced I'll keep the best fork & sell the others. Don't really want to be waiting ages for a repair & I don't really want to buy some cheap arse Tuesday forks as a temp replacement. It's time to spend some more money!! Wahaaaaaa!!!! :twisted:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The shop you bought them form.

But as you crashed them, they will charge you.
  • dogboy73
    supersonic wrote:
    The shop you bought them form.

But as you crashed them, they will charge you.
    I'll keep quiet about the 'crash' part. There are no marks on the forksat all & I've only been riding the bike a month with them on. I'll explain this to the shop & see what the say. Worth a go :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, might get away with it, but they aint daft :wink:
  • dogboy73
    supersonic wrote:
    Lol, might get away with it, but they aint daft :wink:
    Like I said there appears to me no damage. Considering how completely I appear to have fooked them there is not a single blemish on the forks that would suggest I'd been in a bad crash.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Except for the fact it's bent, which rarely happens spontaneously when you're riding along!
  • Had a bit of a result. I sent the forks back a few days after making my previous post on this thread. After weeks & weeks & ringing the shop to see what was going on it eventually transpired that the forks had apprently been lost! The shop said they would send a replacement pair.

It gets better. Another 2 weeks go by & no replcement forks have turned up. So I ring the shop again & they tell me that the forks I returned (RockShox Reba Race 2010) have been discontinued. So Instead they are going to send me send me a set of 2011 RockShox Reba RLT ti forks in white & would this be okay? The RLT ti's retail is £599 compared to the £269 I spent on my Reba Race forks. So that's a big fat yes from me :wink:

Except in the mean time, because I got fed up with waiting, I went & bought another new set of forks. These are fine so rather than have the new Rebas fitted & then have 2 sets of used forks I've decided to just sell the Reba RLT ti's. Just want to ride now. I don't want to have a 3rd set of forks fitted in as many months. That would be a grands worth of forks on my rebuild in 3 months!! :?