Look 695

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Close up of the stem. Look have labelled it for you just in case you weren't shure what I was talking about.

1277822797122_9rkjqc1bdibd_850_65_600.jpg
  • Anonymous
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm. To be fair it's growing on me. Especially in the Mondrian colours...

1277976447970-5zf8tbziy91z-500-90-500-70.jpg
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I think it looks stunning in the Mondrian colours too ... Its quite a lot of cash though!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I love the black and white version and the more I read about it the more I'd love one! Shame I just couldnt dream of paying that for it :(

I just need to go clean my 386 and pretend I'm riding the new one :lol:
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Bigpikle wrote:
    I love the black and white version and the more I read about it the more I'd love one! Shame I just couldnt dream of paying that for it :(

Get a 566. Cheap (relatively :oops: ) and bent-toptube-tastic just like the 695.

look-56620.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    NapoleonD wrote:

You'd obviously have to get one of these to match...

20090527_LVC_ss.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Rolf F wrote:
    Bigpikle wrote:

Get a 566. Cheap (relatively :oops: ) and bent-toptube-tastic just like the 695.

look-56620.jpg

Not a fan at all, preferred my old 555 to that!
  • rolf_f
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Not a fan at all, preferred my old 555 to that!

I think we all know what a Look should look like - simple and with lugs........

PS don't really like the new stem. A bit squary to me! Now if it was styled a bit more like a proper quill stem I might be more interested!
  • bigpikle
    so what is 'the look' for a Look?

I dont really know much about them the last few yeas but obviously my old 386 is a monocoque yet the more recent models seem to be lugged carbon tubes? Is that what they're really known for?
  • Anonymous
    Bigpikle wrote:
    so what is 'the look' for a Look?

I dont really know much about them the last few yeas but obviously my old 386 is a monocoque yet the more recent models seem to be lugged carbon tubes? Is that what they're really known for?

It's mainly the classic geometry. But the lugged 595 was the pinnacle of their designs aesthetically IMO...
  • bigpikle
    for me the new one is a cracker - I much prefer the monocoque design to the lugged CF frames. I like the classic lugged steel frames but it just doesnt look right on CF IMO.

Just told my wife I had found my next bike, to which she replied "you dont have a next bike..." :evil:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Bigpikle wrote:
    for me the new one is a cracker - I much prefer the monocoque design to the lugged CF frames. I like the classic lugged steel frames but it just doesnt look right on CF IMO.

Just told my wife I had found my next bike, to which she replied "you dont have a next bike..." :evil:

All wives are the same :lol:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • bigpikle
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Bigpikle wrote:

All wives are the same :lol:

well I can see how point, as I do have 4 already 8)
  • roadiesean
    roadiesean Posts: 577
    I am also a massive fan of Look having a Cofidis team rep 595 and a Credit Agricole team 585 (oh and a black and white 595 brand new in the box that I'm trying to sell in large if anyone is interested - much nicer looking than this one IMHO) and all I have to say is that (like the Santa Cruz Nomad) it looks rather a lot like a dog trying to take a massive dump straining !

As for the stem, did they run out of curves and were only allowed to use a ruler ?

I like the lugged look of Looks, I also like the monocoque look of Looks (used to be heavier but no more) but I think bending your top tube for the sake of having a bent top tube is just silly.

They should have used the ruler from the STEM stem and kept that badboy straight !

My five penneth, I'll just get me coat !
  • wildmoustache
    wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
    I too am a Look rider and a huge fan.

But don't like this frame aesthetically. Agree particularly on the unpleasantness of the top tube. That probably means I won't but it. Were it straight no doubt I'd succumb at some point.

Would love to ride it though and think i'll have to test ride one. It's got a good claim to the best most technically advanced standard road frame available:

- ZED crank
    - Oversized BB and HT
    - Internal cabling
    - Headfit headset
    - E-Post
    - Very low weight F&F
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Since when has internal cabling been classed as 'technically advanced?'. Companies have been doing this for years. My ten year old alu Giant bike has internal cabling. Nothing new.
  • wildmoustache
    The point is not that it's new but that it's the state of the art. Re-read my post.
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Hmmm, too similar to the Trek for me. I do like the cranks though and wish they would fit mine.
  • wildmoustache
    the cranks are technically very good indeed.

this bike has a lot going for it on paper, but i agree with the majority view that it looks too like other frames - frankly a bit boring.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I like the lugged look of Looks

Nice alliteration........... :wink:
  • Ironman595
    Ironman595 Posts: 93
    Now look have decided to get rid of it's lugging. (WHY WHY WHY!!!)

I think it's time to have a closer look at the BMC Impec.
    What do we think?
    It's definitely "out there" but there's soemthing about it i really like. I'm not nromally a fan of straight/ hard angular lines (or BMC for that matter) but with it's lugging and paintjob- looks fantastic!

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/bmc-impec-first-ride-review-26923

some test riding to be done next year I think...
  • Ironman595 wrote:
    I think it's time to have a closer look at the BMC Impec.
    What do we think?

Yuck.
  • Anonymous
    +1
  • rolf_f
    Ironman595 wrote:
    Now look have decided to get rid of it's lugging. (WHY WHY WHY!!!)

Don't think they are binning the lugs; they already have a mix of lugged and monocoque - in the current range only the 585 and 595s are lugged.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    My 585 is getting on for 4 years old now. Idle moments I look (ho ho) at all the latest and greatest frames on the market thinking I might buy something new, but I keep coming back to the same conclusion. Keep it.

I could be tempted by a Pinarello Prince, but the 585 is just about perfect. Looks great, rides great, it's light, it fits, err ............. enough said.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    OK, here are some photos of the Cofidis 695, taken outside the Novotel after stage 3 to Arenberg. I have to stay, the stem looks pretty big and I'm not sure why they have taped over the Look logo on the cranks.

4779817205_5591b0eb92_b.jpg
    4780449928_8a37b094ca_b.jpg
    4779817649_a9ee36080a_b.jpg
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    anyone test ridden one yet?

just had a quote for a mondrian painted one...
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    NapoleonD wrote:

'Tis on my next bike short list along with the Merckx EMX-7.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Only carbon bike at the bike show that really caught my interest. I even researched to see if I could run Campag 11s on it and yes you can if you use the Spanish chain rings that Cervelo use. Its good to see something new and it looks good too.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo