ner ner, missed the rain! :p

2»

Comments

• paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Started hammering down about 30 seconds in to my ride, got very dark and I wasn't dressed for the occasion so I turned round got changed and took the car... :oops:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    PaulBox wrote:
    Started hammering down about 30 seconds in to my ride, got very dark and I wasn't dressed for the occasion so I turned round got changed and took the car... :oops:

Well at least you recognise this as being an issue. A few more sessions and we'll prescribe some MTFU.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Asprilla wrote:
    PaulBox wrote:

Well at least you recognise this as being an issue. A few more sessions and we'll prescribe some MTFU.

Far too nice.

I was going to reply: Never post on this board again :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Clarion wrote:
    I asked exactly that question elsewhere, and the best suggestion so far was that it was natural saponins from tree debris on the road. May or may not be true, but I can't see that there would be that much screenwash sitting on the road over the course of a 19km ride.
    You'd think my bike would be cleaner after the 'bike wash' that was the Old Kent Road this morning...

... fat chance :roll:
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Re the soap suds thing...

Funny that I've never noticed this before after a long dry spell? Anyone else?

This may be a crazy idea but I did wonder if it might be due to the huge volume of surfactants (i.e. detergents) being tipped into the Gulf of Mexico...

I know, I know - sounds ridiculous.

J
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    itsbruce wrote:

I rode right through it in my bibshorts and jersey. Turns out I'm waterproof! :D

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Worth a try...

:lol:

Well, they say 'don't ask don't get'.....

In this instance I'm afraid it's more a case of 'ask, don't get'...
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    jedster wrote:

This may be a crazy idea but I did wonder if it might be due to the huge volume of surfactants (i.e. detergents) being tipped into the Gulf of Mexico...

J

Hmmm...Interesting theory!

Any comments from the science boffins on this forum?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    edited June 2010
    Well the surfactants would need to evaporate with the sea water, rather tan be left behind like the salts, and... errr... nope, can't get any further than that.

EDIT: Just heard from the helmet thread that this is possible, so could be BP's dispersal agents. Whether it is or not is probably beyond this thread.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Asprilla wrote:
    PaulBox wrote:

Far too nice.

I was going to reply: Never post on this board again :wink:

:lol:

Will try to do better next time... :wink:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • spursn17
    spursn17 Posts: 284
    jedster wrote:

J

I've heard that it's the detergent that's added to diesel fuel.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Clever Pun wrote:
    got hammered on initially and decided to take the quick route in once it stopped I was dry very quickly

What the hell was that grim white foam stuff??

dunno but it didn't look nice!

lovely and cool ride in though!
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Who said it could rain!?

Got caught out this morning , started raining half way into a 16 mile commute for me, but man does my matt black Cannondale look good when it gets wet!

Spent 20 minutes wiping it down when I got in though!