We discuss the phenomenon known as Empty legs...

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
...but what causes "coiled like a spring legs"?

After a pretty gruelling, but enjoyable 35 miles yesterday in the heat, not much to eat last night and not much sleep I was expecting to be a bit empty legged this morning, but I was sort of OK (took me about an hour to get over my soporific state though).

Today I ate a bacon sandwich for breakfast, fish and chips for lunch + a bit of cake and a bag of crisps in the afternoon and on the way home my legs just wouldn't stop going round, mile after mile, up hills, down hills, 22mph along the flat, even into the wind, all 25 miles of it.

Why oh why were my legs so darn perpetual motionish!?

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    It was the cake! Beware of cake
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • swagman
    swagman Posts: 115
    It could of be your biorhythms!
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Let us know how you feel tomorrow.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208

Well, dog tired this morning, just like yesterday. Going to try and get out of the house at 6.30am though.

A bit apprehensive about going to work, lots to do and quite a lot of pressure, and I'm a bit worried about the money situation, although I'm still spending it like water, on food, alcohol and bike bits mainly.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    prj45 wrote:
    Why oh why were my legs so darn perpetual motionish!?

This has been scientifically proven to be because of the gentle movement of Ley Lines; as they intersect your route you will find yourself empowered and indeed all-powerful.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    prj45 wrote:

Well, dog tired this morning, just like yesterday. Going to try and get out of the house at 6.30am though.

A bit apprehensive about going to work, lots to do and quite a lot of pressure, and I'm a bit worried about the money situation, although I'm still spending it like water, on food, alcohol and bike bits mainly.
    Ahh. Mania. Derived from feeling inhumanly strong for 2 or 3 days.

I'm dog tired and have lots to do and all my money ran out. Give it a couple of weeks. :wink: