Route Advice - Kew Bridge > St Pancras

coopster_the_1st
coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
All,

I need to make a one off journey later this week and would like some route advice/roads to avoid for the following journeys:

Kew Bridge > St Pancras Station

&

St Pancras Station > Harrow

Likely to use this route about once a month after this week so if possible easy to remember would be great :oops:

Cheers

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    I'm a main road kind of guy, so I'd probably stick with Chiswick High Road, King St, Hammersmith Road, HSK, then depending on your preferences, Piccadilly, Shaftesbury Avenue, and Kingsway.or perhaps across HP, and then zigzag through to Euston Road.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm a main road kind of guy, so I'd probably stick with Chiswick High Road, King St, Hammersmith Road, HSK, then depending on your preferences, Piccadilly, Shaftesbury Avenue, and Kingsway.or perhaps across HP, and then zigzag through to Euston Road.

Spot on. I go that way, I'd recommend Chiswick High Road - you can get there via Wellesley Road-->Heathfield Terrace if you don't fancy the big ol' roundabout--> Hammersmith -->High Street Ken--> left into the park at the Albert hall --> hyde park corner --> piccadilly--> regent street, portland place (as it becomes - same road) and right on Marylebone Road which becomes Euston road, and robert's your father's brother!

You can zig-zag through Mayfair, but it's one-way-system-tastic round here...
  • rjsterry wrote:

Spot on. I go that way, I'd recommend Chiswick High Road - you can get there via Wellesley Road-->Heathfield Terrace if you don't fancy the big ol' roundabout--> Hammersmith -->High Street Ken--> left into the park at the Albert hall --> hyde park corner --> piccadilly--> regent street, portland place (as it becomes - same road) and right on Marylebone Road which becomes Euston road, and robert's your father's brother!

You can zig-zag through Mayfair, but it's one-way-system-tastic round here...

Thanks Guy and Girl :)

You have confirmed the route I most likely would have taken and going through Hyde Park.

Depending on time, I may take a detour along the Embankment although I am unsure if there will be much competition along there around 2-2:30pm :roll:
  • FrankM
    FrankM Posts: 129
    I favour main roads too.

I used to go Chiswick High Road, then a left past Turnham Green and then a right along Bath Road to Goldhawk Road and eventually Shepherd's Bush. Straight across the roundabout, up Holland Park Avenue and Notting Hill Gate, then a left up Sussex Gardens and up to the Marylebone Road. Take a right and it eventually becomes the Euston Road and gets you to St. Pancras.

The only bit I didn't really like was the Shepherd's Bush roundabout.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    FrankM wrote:
    I favour main roads too.

I used to go Chiswick High Road, then a left past Turnham Green and then a right along Bath Road to Goldhawk Road and eventually Shepherd's Bush. Straight across the roundabout, up Holland Park Avenue and Notting Hill Gate, then a left up Sussex Gardens and up to the Marylebone Road. Take a right and it eventually becomes the Euston Road and gets you to St. Pancras.

The only bit I didn't really like was the Shepherd's Bush roundabout.

Was just about to post that, might be quicker than the alternatives posted here