OT - Yay...Great time had in London Town

cee
cee Posts: 4,553
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Folks.

Thanks for all the recomendations last week. We had a superb time.

Thursday...saw the unexpected opera company doing Orpheus Down Under at the scoop...hilarious, contemporary actually good opera singers too...then got the clipper along the thames back to embankment and to get back for dinnner in Dehusa (on LITS suggestion) was really good. great wine..great food. even got a low table in the end...then a few bars in soho before heading back to the hotel.

Friday...wandered around covent garden for a couple of hours...london jugglers cannot compete with the heckling of a seasoned edinburgh fringe goer...he conceeded that i had more practice than most of his customers! Went for afternoon tea in Sketch. really good, but man what a bizarre restaurant..give it a visit even just to use the mad egg toilets!...the maître d' gave us a tour of the various other dining areas in the building..his brother runs a restaurant in edinburgh, so he kind of took a shine to us!

After that it was Hyde Park for some bands in the afternoon before the main event Pearl Jam who were utterly fantastic. even better than they were in manchester last year, the some more drinking!

You really are spoiled for choice in London....its a wonder anyone actually manages to decide what to do!

Cheers again everyone for your advice.

cee
Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.

Comments