Best websites for Tour coverage and info

haggisinlondon
haggisinlondon Posts: 171
edited June 2010 in Pro race
Hi, as I know I will be stuck at work for a lot of the Tour, can anyone recommend good websites for the Tour to track the race as well as get some good info behind the scenes?

I have the obvious ones bookmarked as well as Garmin and BMC who have pretty good sites.

Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    www.lequipe.fr has a live ticker with text updates and graphics representing the race. It's in French but the language is not too hard too understand, eg a rider at two minutes. This ticker is often copied by cyclingnews.com and others.

videostreams are available but many larger employers will block these; ITV4 will show some stages live and there's the Eurosport player too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Check here as well. If there is an obscure story, I'll do my best to find it.

Follow cyclingfans on twitter, he's excellent at picking up small stories.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • John B
    John B Posts: 139
    Does anybody have any links to live streaming? Watched it last year online, albeit with German commentary.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    John B wrote:
    Does anybody have any links to live streaming? Watched it last year online, albeit with German commentary.

www.cyclingfans.com is all you'll need on the day

or www.steephill.tv
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    Try Eurosport Player, costs a couple of quid a month but it's worth it. Perhaps ITV4 might be online too?
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Try Eurosport Player, costs a couple of quid a month but it's worth it. Perhaps ITV4 might be online too?

Definitely worth it. I tried watching the Dauphine on various streams and they we just stuttery. Eurosport Player is smooth and worth the money. You can even just get it for the TDF (well a month) and not renew until you want it again
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    www.letour.fr

Their tracker is very good too.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    If you can install software on your work computer then all you need to do is get a slingbox. They are genius....
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    steephill.tv have all the links and feeds.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    yeah, steephill.tv is easily the most in depth collection of articles, vids, feeds, etc