How do I know which brake pads to buy?

Schobiedoo
Schobiedoo Posts: 121
edited June 2010 in Workshop
I've got a Cannondale CAA8 which, according to the cannondale website, comes with Cannondale C4 brakes with cartridge pads. The pads are starting to get worn down and I can't seem to find which pad replacements are going to be compatible with the existing ones.

Are all pads compatible with each other, or do I need to find the specific pads for the brake? If the pads are specific then does anyone know which type of block I would have, or anyway of finding out?
Neil Pryde Bura SL
Cannondale CAAD8

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Unless its really old it should just have standard cartridge pads, and you could replace them with these, which are highly reccommended by pretty much everyone.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Kool_ ... 300005952/
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Schobiedoo
    Schobiedoo Posts: 121
    It's a 2010 bike, so I can safely assume that it fits into the standard category. Thanks for the response..
    Neil Pryde Bura SL
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Generally use the search function, find many version of the same question, then realise most are answered by people saying buy Koolstop salmons.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    georgee wrote:
    Generally use the search function, find many version of the same question, then realise most are answered by people saying buy Koolstop salmons.

or Swissstops if you have money to burn :lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Gussio wrote:
    georgee wrote:

or Swissstops if you have money to burn :lol:

I've just swapped from koolstops to swissstops there's a massive difference.

One is red the other is green. Oh and £8.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017