bike event in birmingham today, anyone any ideas?

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Was out today on a leisure ride and noticed loads of people pootling along, was great for scalping but didnt really count lol

I was very tempted to follow the sign to drinks and food and try and blag some stuff.

It was around earlswood and there was loads of people at a pub on the way to henley, anyone any idea what it was?

also saw two cars badly smashed up, looked like a car had tried to overtake a cyclist and misjudged it and hit the oncoming car, but think cyclists were unhurt but not sure

Comments

• CanalRider
    CanalRider Posts: 194
    It was the Birmingham to Oxford ride in aid of Jennifer Trust. Seventy Five miles of hills.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    andy83 wrote:
    Was out today on a leisure ride
    You're not the roadie I overtook on my MTB are you? :twisted:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    nope not me, although chapeau for your effort

I was on a red and white trek in a garmin top, fair play to those doing it, i wouldnt fancy it on some of the bikes i saw
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I did it almost 20 years ago and I'm guessing it was on this

2ni45qs.jpg

.... although when I completed it, the bike probably didn't look as good as this, as it was 11 years old by this time.
  • CanalRider
    CanalRider Posts: 194
    bails87 wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    Was out today on a leisure ride
    You're not the roadie I overtook on my MTB are you? :twisted:

Nope, I was the idiot doing on a Boardman FS Comp :-)
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.