Greenwich Pedestrianisation Scheme - campaign advice needed.

deptfordmarmoset
deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
edited June 2010 in Campaign
Greenwich Council have just opened a consultation about their revised proposed plans to pedestrianise a small section of road in Greenwich Town Centre (232 metres of road). Because they've come up with a 1.1 mile gyratory system, many of the local roads will suffer severe disruption. Cyclists commuting east-west through Greenwich or south-north to Docklands will have increased distances to cycle and detours to make. In brief, no cycle routes have been shortened and many have been significantly lengthened. The problem of too much traffic has been ''solved'' by making alternative means of transport travel further. This for me is the very opposite of integrated transport planning.

In addition, the council have used out-of-date maps for the public consultation, thereby concealing existing cycle facilities.

I've posted up an outline of the proposals and an assessment of the impact on routes through the borough here: http://deptfordmarmoset.blogspot.com/20 ... nning.html

I intend to make my objections clear to the council and to make representations to TfL and cycling organisations. But I don't have a lot of campaigning experience - can anyone who's sympathetic to the argument set out on the blog above, give me any suggestions for other ways of publicising or campaigning?