santa cruz nickel/butcher??

richg1979
richg1979 Posts: 1,087
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Has anyone orederd one of the new santa cruz frames and took delivery or been givien a date for delivery?

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    they should be arriving in the uk middle of next month i believe, not sure when they will be avaiable to buy tho
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    I have spoken with my local dealer here in Rotorua NZ as I am looking to get a Nickel and they havent been given any dates.
    However the build kit I am looking at (XO xc) doesnt get released until early August (SRAM new kit release date) so not sure.
    Might have to go and get sorted with frame size and stuff then wait for kit to come in.

A NZ based website is taking orders and quoting mid July as being available.
    http://bicycle.co.nz/index.php/santa-cruz/nickel/santa-cruz-nickel-frame.html

Just had a look at the interview with Rob Roskopp again:
    As for the APP bikes, the new platform, we had the journos over after Sea Otter and no-one knew what it was going to be like. After they rode it, everyone was kinda blown away. That’s been really well received.

I think we get the first shipment in next week. Once that goes we’re going to really get some interested generated. We're really excited about those bikes because you get a lot of bang for your buck.
    That was dated 26th June, so early part of July it looks like they will be in the US (I assume some sort of quality control procedure) then shipped out.
    Not sure how many will make it to NZ though.
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    The UK is about a month behind the US release dates. Aus/NZ have to wait a bit more, a month or 2 IIRC.
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Why does this not surprise me :roll:
  • richg1979
    :( ive orderd a nomad frame and was told it would be shipped with the 1st batch of butcher and nickels, looks like ive got another few weeks to wait.
  • santacrews
    santacrews Posts: 51
    I ordered a Butcher to replace my Bullit on the 14th of April,

Its now 2nd July and i am still unsure as to when it will arrive, initially i was told early to mid June then end of June so i will report back when the shop opens,
  • santacrews
    The new SC Butchers are in ! :D

Arrived yesterday............... Mines in a box apparently yet to be opened !
    Oh the joy ! New frame & Forks !!!!!!
  • richg1979
    Shortage of nomads apparently gonna be mid july.
  • santacrews
    Doh !

Thats gonna be August then !.....................

The next batch of Butchers wont be avail till Sept :shock: glad i got my order in ASAP !
    Just need to settle on the Forks :roll: and away i go !