OT -Funny or Racist/Xenophobic? - too close to call!

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
From the Daily Mail

bongo-bongoland.jpg
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I think Mike Phelps is a pseudonym for Prince Philip.

That really is fantastic!
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Doesn't it presuppose that watching England or Italy or France is actually more entertaining than watching Montrose vs. Elgin?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,637
    You have to feel for the guy though. He's clearly a quadriplegic with a sadistic carer. He can't get out of the sofa or even just reach over to the remote sitting next to his utterly immobile hand, he just has to sit there and watch it. Clearly though he managed to drag himself toward his computer where he could use the voice recognition software, which he had to teach the words Bongo Bongoland, to have his little rant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Not only is he a xenophobe and a rascist, he is also hopelessly wrong about the entertainment value of the non "big-guns".

How about Brazil vs Portugal yesterday, for a prime example of how the big (football) nations can serve up the dross. Ghana and Chile are just two of the unfancied sides bringing flair and excitement to the tournament.
  • Of course its racist, its in the Daily Hate.
    FCN 6
  • mediamonkey
    mediamonkey Posts: 128
    Didn't you know, Daily Mail readers' TV sets don't have "Off" buttons.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what game is this he mentions?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • You can create your own Daily Mail headline here, www.qwghlm.co.uk
    FCN 6
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Of course its racist, its in the Daily Hate.

I prefer the Daily Heil.....
  • doesn't surprise me that the 'author' comes from Yeovil.
    I live in Taunton, and am constantly shocked by the level of casual rascism and bigotry.
    :x
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    I would rather watch any of the other better 31 teams in the World Cup play each other.

What a shower of sh1t England were :cry: