endomondo

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited June 2010 in MTB general
any one used the free app on android endomondo?
just discovered it seems really cool.
tracks using GPS your rout plotting on google maps then works out heigh etc speeds, calories burnt and then saves them to an online account. seems like a really good training aid

Comments

• nettlerash
    nettlerash Posts: 15
    Yep i've got this quite chuffed with it for free.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    sounds quite like sportypal

slainte :) rob
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Downloaded it to my phone earlier this week and tried it for the first time this morning. Bloody brilliant! As soon as I had stopped the route tracking, it automatically uploaded it to my online account. Going to be a really good tool to keep track of my milage and routes from now on - even better as its free also :)
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Yup, been using it for the past couple of weeks. Very impressed and it's FREE! :D
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    Cheers I will try this as I often feel cardiotrainer doesn't account altitude correctly.
  • phz
    pHz wrote:
    having checked it out it looks and works quite like sportypal too

have joined and DLed the tracker anyway though - will try it out on tomorrows ride to see how it compares

slainte :idea: rob
  • Relaxitscool
    Relaxitscool Posts: 103
    I've been using it since the new version of sportstracker fo nokia stopped uploading the routes. So far its been fab, very reliable and easy to use.

Rob
  • phz
    pHz wrote:
    pHz wrote:
    having checked it out it looks and works quite like sportypal too
    have joined and DLed the tracker anyway though - will try it out on tomorrows ride to see how it compares
    slainte :idea: rob
    tried it out today - tracking is accurate and everything uploaded OK - has just about the exact same functionality as sportypal with a couple of differences (endomondo has the teams and challenges stuff and sportypal has slightly more detailed map functions)

both are free so i guess you use the one youre used to or like the look of - sportypal has a bike specific version coming (for android and windows mobile - already out on iphone) that records your route as normal but also has a realtime cycle computer style display - http://www.sportypal.com/Demo

i might give endomondo another couple of tries but unless it really grabs me i reckon ill go back to sportypal

slainte 8) rob