Its enough to put you off......

flateric
flateric Posts: 201
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Ok, bikes are getting frustrating now, i got a hybrid for th daily commute, last week got a puncture, fair enough. Needed a new tube so switched to MTB until new tube arrives

New tube installed, pumped up and? Valve core pops out and flies across the room, new tube now knackered until replacment arrives, also discover rear hub needs rebuilding as grating like its filled with gravel.

So we are on MTB, which gets a puncture today and i have no spare tube at work so emergency repair achieved with tape. Wont get time to fix tonight so hopefully repair will hold otherwise will be using a road bike with a quick release rack (at least i had the good sense to own 3 bikes)

I am officially bored of punctures now :-(
Bike one Dawes Acoma (heavily modified)
Bike two (trek) Lemond Etape (dusty and not ridden much)
Bike Three Claude Butler chinook, (freebee from
Freecycle, Being stripped and rebuilt
(is 3 too many bikes)

Comments

• i think you need another bike, i mean what happens if you get another p*******? don't worry though im sure you wont have to walk
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • flateric
    Luckly i still have the road bike, i have been reluctant to stick a rack on it but it has brazed on mounting points so should be ok, just hope it lasts the weekend, i am not allowed to buy another bike LOL
    (is 3 too many bikes)
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    you buy a tube everytime you get a puncture? get those instant stick patches they are great.

I aslo recommend you buy another spare bike for these occurances.
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I feel your pain.

On tonight's commute home, a spoke on my rear wheel broke (pot hole, I think - it was loud enough to cause the rider 10 yards in front to look behind him). Had to get Mrs CJ to pick me up.

Console yourself with the fact that you're not ITB - the PF lives in his shed.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • flateric
    Lancslad wrote:
    you buy a tube everytime you get a puncture? get those instant stick patches they are great.

I aslo recommend you buy another spare bike for these occurances.

I dont buy a new tube for each puncture but i carry one instead of a repair kit (except today of course) then repair the punctured tube later.

I like the spare bike idea, lack of space and money!
    (is 3 too many bikes)
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Sorry to have to say this flateric but I think you are bringing these problems upon yourself through your liberal use of the "P" word - if you say it then it will happen.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • flateric
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Sorry to have to say this flateric but I think you are bringing these problems upon yourself through your liberal use of the "P" word - if you say it then it will happen.

You may be on to something......
    (is 3 too many bikes)