London Mtb routes

wobbem
wobbem Posts: 283
edited June 2010 in Routes
I'd like to share a trail I use regulary to train on. Its got a bit of everything single track and some good climbs to build strength on. Gets very slippery in the wet though. It goes through some heavy bramble patches hense I need more bods to use it and keep it clear. One downside is some patches are meeting points for the fairies....so not good for kids. I don't have a problem with them -I leave them alone and they likewise , have yelled at em when I've caught them in compromising acts though :twisted: Its probably the only inner track I know of in central London and its next to the grand union canal. The park wardens seem fine as long as youre not turning up in large groups and scaring the locals.
If you know of any more post em here as well.
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/jewjotxCROE
Don't think, BE:

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    It's good enough as a short warm up or dial inn to your bike settings. Thumbs up for your effort Wobbem. I kind of live next door to Horsenden Hill. What about Golfers, don't they give you a strange stare for cycling on their fields?

Other area to practise on, would think going a bit further to Harrow Hill ... didn't explore it yet but area seems good and large enough. Nice tennis courts down there.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    I don't ride on the golf coarse itself , the area next to it is common land. My cycle comp shows the trail as 4.2 km and I usually do 4 -5 laps so it ends up as being a good work out. Maybe we can hook up.............. ( but not like the locals ).
    Don't think, BE: