SS suggestions for the vertically challenged

dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Looking for suggestions for a SS for a short (5ft) girl. Not me, my little sis. She has a Dawes somethingorother at the moment, perfectly adequate but a bit heavy and not very pretty.

She'll commutes to work on it, just a few miles each way and some jaunts at the weekend. Lives in Leeds. Her words were...
I'd really like a single speed yeah but I'm still struggling to find something that I like, a bike that is 1-for ladies but 2-not a step through frame, 3-is a single speed 4-small enough for my dwarf like legs and 5-a nice clean looking frame that isn't covered in stickers etc. tricky combination, if I were to stop being vain I'd get the specialized dolce, but I don't like all the gunk, I want something that looks more like a charge or the chixie but is actually a good bike, oh and doesn't cost the earth, I challenge you to find it for me

So to summarise, she's a short (in height and budget) graphic designer looking for a simple, pretty SS.

Any suggestions ladies and gents? Thanks in advance...
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    16" on-one inbred or pompino depending if she wants road/cross or mtb styling

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/frames
    <a>road</a>
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    What about foffa, they're cheap and can be made to measure

http://foffabikes.com/

Dani is a nice guy.. he'd sort you out
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Thanks for the suggestions. Probably a complete bike rather than frame that she's after.

Mentioned Foffa and apparently my sister has already sent Dani a mail a little while ago, he suggested to pop in next time she's in London, which I expect she'll do.

Any other ideas?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo