Saddle keeps slipping

Lady Venom
Lady Venom Posts: 213
edited June 2010 in Workshop
Despite having the seatpost clamp bolted up tight, my saddle continually slips down - and I had to stop 3 times today to sort it out over 20miles as I'm losing a cm or so every 6 miles it would seem! Any suggestions? Do I need a new clamp? Or is there another fix??

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    what kind of seatpost - into what kind of frame - using what kind of clamp..???
  • Lady Venom
    Carbon seat post (31.6) into alloy frame using a bolt clamp that's got '35' engraved by the nut. If I tighten it anymore I swear it's going to screw with the carbon or break my tool!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    few tips here
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 4#16255504
    the hairspray option works for me...use sparingly as I got b;;ked for using it when it cost £8 a can
    apparently... :?
  • are you sure it's the seatpost and not just you getting taller?
  • Lady Venom
    Yup deffo seat post as I have tape round the top and it's all curled up where it's moved. I'll give the hairspray a whirl......
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I had the same problem (carbon post / alloy frame) Carbon assembly paste sorted it out; now it's rock solid without having to tighten the clamp bolt very much at all
  • Lady Venom
    Thanks will try some. Hairspray trick worked well for todays ride. Just a shame my Garmin was playing silly buggers!