Lance on the Port du Bales

Peak Times
Peak Times Posts: 81
edited June 2010 in Pro race
There is some good footage of Lance training on the Port du Bales the day before yesterday on the RadioShack website. Unfortunately we missed him coming into Luchon though we will catch the teams at the finish and the start the next day in just a few weeks time.

http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/video_lance-trains-tour-de-france/c9d56d79-de70-4cb4-a5a0-3ab36b2770d3/

:D:D:D
www.peak-times.com

Independent or supported cycling holidays in the French Pyrenees

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Are you selling something? Are you allowed to push a business on the forum?

If that's the case, anyone want some credit derivatives? we give great spreads on indices and sovs!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815

If that's the case, anyone want some credit derivatives? we give great spreads on indices and sovs!
    Ahh! You're the one who bankrupted the country!
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Peak Times, it's just someone cycling up a hill to me...with some mates following. the countryside is far nicer and more interesting than him I'm afraid
  • OFOAB
    OFOAB Posts: 905
    I've always wanted to say this - "been there, done that, got the tee shirt." etape 2007.
    I wish I was any place but the someplace I\'m in
  • dave_1
    OFOAB wrote:
    I've always wanted to say this - "been there, done that, got the tee shirt." etape 2007.

what's the climb like and gearing? Have never heard of it...just seen Cols de Solor, Aubisque, Tourmalet
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329

I'm confused. Someone posted a training/recce video of one of the Tour's GC contenders in a Pro Cycling web forum and you're accusing them of trying to peddle something? You might hate Lance but this is still valid, relevant video for such a web forum.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    "Don't crash the car, Johan!!" lol
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

Yeah, he really is a funny guy. A ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

... hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.

guffaw guffaw.

You know, I used to think he was dope addled cheating shitester, but seeing that video has really changed my mind... deep down, he's just like you and me. :roll:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • dave_1
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

You know, I used to think he was dope addled cheating shitester, but seeing that video has really changed my mind... deep down, he's just like you and me. :roll:

Like all the top riders, he was really good at a young age, unlike me and you. What annoys is that you're having a crack at almost every top rider who won a big classic multiple times or worlds, or won grand tours in that era. The problem I have with the trashing of LA is you're saying the same about most of them, which is wrong.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    you gotta give up on that sanctimonious crap that we are somehow cheated because you "believed" in riders who are dopers - suspected or proven. Just remember that when watching Nadal (Porto) or a premiership fooite team where they take blood, spin it to concentrate the hoemoglobin, and inject it. At half time if they want. No rules against it. Are they cleaner than cyclists? You have to consider this for yourself.

Luckily my dong is huge enuough that I don't need to rely on pro cyclists being clean to fulfill my life. I watch it for spectacle. Lance is great spectacle. Chav's teeth are great spectacle. Everyone needs to drop it or STFU about it. There's no such thing as "destroying cycling" it will always be there. I'll bet anyone on this list that the tour will never be cancelled b/c of doping. It will simply go on. Yes some teams come and go but the pro side of the sport will always exist. The armageddonists arguements that the sport will implode simply carries no truck with me.

You think that there is *anything* in this weekend's WSJ that can derail LA or anyone now from the tour? It's ignorance to think that were no closed-door sessions where JB, LA, and a bunch of lawyers rehearsed answers to anything that Landis can come out with.

Remember when the nuclear inspectors make a surprise visit to the Springfield plant and Mr Burns yells to Smither "hide the bodies!". All skeletons have been cleaned out of USPS/Disco/Astana closets and put in boxes deep in a goverment warehouse next to the ark of the covenant. In short - we'll never know.

The only way we'll ever know is if LA himself writes a tell-all book.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    ...and so this turns into a LA doping thread. I was interested in having a look at that climb as I'll be there in a few weeks. Was happy to tolerate LA and Johan in order to have a squizz at it. Thanks for posting.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • dave_1
    you gotta give up on that sanctimonious crap that we are somehow cheated because you "believed" in riders who are dopers - suspected or proven. Just remember that when watching Nadal (Porto) or a premiership fooite team where they take blood, spin it to concentrate the hoemoglobin, and inject it. At half time if they want. No rules against it. Are they cleaner than cyclists? You have to consider this for yourself.

Luckily my dong is huge enuough that I don't need to rely on pro cyclists being clean to fulfill my life. I watch it for spectacle. Lance is great spectacle. Chav's teeth are great spectacle. Everyone needs to drop it or STFU about it. There's no such thing as "destroying cycling" it will always be there. I'll bet anyone on this list that the tour will never be cancelled b/c of doping. It will simply go on. Yes some teams come and go but the pro side of the sport will always exist. The armageddonists arguements that the sport will implode simply carries no truck with me.

You think that there is *anything* in this weekend's WSJ that can derail LA or anyone now from the tour? It's ignorance to think that were no closed-door sessions where JB, LA, and a bunch of lawyers rehearsed answers to anything that Landis can come out with.

Remember when the nuclear inspectors make a surprise visit to the Springfield plant and Mr Burns yells to Smither "hide the bodies!". All skeletons have been cleaned out of USPS/Disco/Astana closets and put in boxes deep in a goverment warehouse next to the ark of the covenant. In short - we'll never know.

exactly, and some hoped LA dumped his own blood bags in ASO trash cans. It's the lack of credit given to LA and his team for there forward planning that surprises me. His lawyers can bat a 100 anytime the Landis situation is likely to go to court. Walsh had to admit he paid a soigneur for her comments.. do you think he was not under pressure?
  • ratsbeyfus
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Blah blah... There's no such thing as "destroying cycling" it will always be there. I'll bet anyone on this list that the tour will never be cancelled b/c of doping. It will simply go on. Yes some teams come and go but the pro side of the sport will always exist. The armageddonists arguements that the sport will implode simply carries no truck with me.

exactly, blah blah

I'm confused Dave_1... I thought ypou were all for covering up LA's use of dope so that innocent riders don't lose their jobs when sponsers head for the hills... :roll:

But as you say, this is just peeing in the wind - lets just enjoy the video of LA and JB shooting the breeze on the slopes that has been kindly posted. It'll be interesting to see if many fans take up his offer of painting stars and stripes on the slopes for the old 'redneck'. It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, the FL 'revelations' have on the fans at the roadside on the tour.

@ratsbey
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    OFOAB wrote:

Wow, thanks for solving the mystery of where all my rags come from. They are all a bunch of old cycling ride t-shirts that my wife got sick of seeing me in.
  • dennisn
    you gotta give up on that sanctimonious crap that we are somehow cheated because you "believed" in riders who are dopers

Luckily my dong is huge enuough that I don't need to rely on pro cyclists being clean to fulfill my life.

+1..... I don't feel cheated.

+1...... Cyclist aren't necessary to my life being fulfilling either, although I can't lay claim
    to a huge dong. TMI ??????

-1.....Somehow I doubt Lance is going to write a tell-all book that makes him look bad.

You make good points.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • dave_1
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Blah blah... There's no such thing as "destroying cycling" it will always be there. I'll bet anyone on this list that the tour will never be cancelled b/c of doping. It will simply go on. Yes some teams come and go but the pro side of the sport will always exist. The armageddonists arguements that the sport will implode simply carries no truck with me.

exactly, blah blah

I'm confused Dave_1... I thought ypou were all for covering up LA's use of dope so that innocent riders don't lose their jobs when sponsers head for the hills... :roll:

But as you say, this is just peeing in the wind - lets just enjoy the video of LA and JB shooting the breeze on the slopes that has been kindly posted. It'll be interesting to see if many fans take up his offer of painting stars and stripes on the slopes for the old 'redneck'. It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, the FL 'revelations' have on the fans at the roadside on the tour.

you then are all for covering up Indurain's past, which is the same as LAs-big wins and no official + or proof..mostly allegations. I like cycling and believe most of them were good anyway..tough if you don't like that
  • ratsbeyfus

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    Dave wrote:
    you then are all for covering up Indurain's past, which is the same as LAs-big wins and no official + or proof..mostly allegations. I like cycling and believe most of them were good anyway..tough if you don't like that

Been over this with you Dave_1 already in another thread, but you don't seem to listen... I'm not for covering up anything. Expose them all for all I care. Better that people know the truth rather than deluding themselves.

@ratsbey
  • dennisn
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave wrote:

Been over this with you Dave_1 already in another thread, but you don't seem to listen... I'm not for covering up anything. Expose them all for all I care. Better that people know the truth rather than deluding themselves.

I think you've made a mistake here. You're saying that I NEED to know the truth(...better that people know.....). What if I'm like the millions and millions of people out there that DON'T CARE. Just because you HAVE TO KNOW for whatever reasons doesn't mean the rest of us give a sh*t. Aren't you the one deluding yourself by believing that you'll ever know THE TRUTH? Even if you did, somehow, find the truth, you'd probably sit there and say to yourself something like "Well, that wasn't the way I expected it to be". The only thing that is going to happen, for you, at the end of all "this" is you will be disappointed.
  • dave_1
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave wrote:

You don't seem to listen either. Lets not dig up the bones of the past and the headlines that come. That is surely better than worlwide doping publicty, ignoring most riders and picking one. Your draw the line at 1999, I draw the line at 2006-Puerto
  • ratsbeyfus
    dennisn wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave wrote:

I think you've made a mistake here. You're saying that I NEED to know the truth(...better that people know.....). What if I'm like the millions and millions of people out there that DON'T CARE. Just because you HAVE TO KNOW for whatever reasons doesn't mean the rest of us give a sh*t. Aren't you the one deluding yourself by believing that you'll ever know THE TRUTH? Even if you did, somehow, find the truth, you'd probably sit there and say to yourself something like "Well, that wasn't the way I expected it to be". The only thing that is going to happen, for you, at the end of all "this" is you will be disappointed.

Good%20day_%20sir..jpg

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    Dave_1 wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave wrote:

You don't seem to listen either. Lets not dig up the bones of the past and the headlines that come. That is surely better than worlwide doping publicty, ignoring most riders and picking one. Your draw the line at 1999, I draw the line at 2006-Puerto

:roll: Oh good grief! Fine, you want to happily ignore any evidence that suggests that one of the world's greatest cyclists ever cheated his way to the top. I don't. Happy?

Good-day sir!

@ratsbey
  • dave_1
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dave wrote:

:roll: Oh good grief! Fine, you want to happily ignore any evidence that suggests that one of the world's greatest cyclists ever cheated his way to the top. I don't. Happy?

Good-day sir!

not one but a good few over 15 years, same level of proof. We can disagree, not the end of the world
  • Peak Times
    Peak Times Posts: 81
    Its nice to know that such a simple post can be turned into a rant fest. Selling something - no need - this was just a public information post for those that are interested. For those that arent why not just create a corner to rant amongst yourselves.

Three days earlier Bradley did the same thing with Team Sky!!
    www.peak-times.com

Independent or supported cycling holidays in the French Pyrenees
  • ratsbeyfus
    Seriously, what difference does it make? You posted a video link of LA riding his bike - thank you. You are now annoyed because 'your thread' has people expressing their opinions about LA in it. What's the problem? This 'corner' is just a good a place for people to rant in about LA as anywhere else...

@ratsbey
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Dave_1 wrote:

The UCI and WADA draw the line at 2002, so that's what counts. I think they're just about right.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • shawman
    shawman Posts: 76
    He was on the Tourmalet the following day.
    http://www.velopeloton.com/lance-armstrong/

Lance.jpg
  • dave_1
    no tweets in 22 hrs since the whinge about no testing of French TT... so,...?
  • cyclopath
    cyclopath Posts: 71
    Dave_1 wrote:
    OFOAB wrote:

what's the climb like and gearing? Have never heard of it...just seen Cols de Solor, Aubisque, Tourmalet

First used in the Tour in 2007. It is a beautiful run up and over to Mauleon-Barousse, the gradient is not too bad until Chalets St Nere where it steepens noticeably. Pick your own gears, I had a compact and a 27 but you may be a lighter/better climber(possibly both). If you get a sunny day you'll have some shade until the last 3 or 4k where you ride out above the treeline. The view from the top is wonderful on a good day and the run down the other side, on new tarmac, (well, newish) gives you a buzz. The road spits you out part way up the Peyresourde, so turn right and keep grinding.