TFL & Wandsworth BC wasting your money?

georgee
georgee Posts: 537
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Coming over Putney Bridge tonight, southbound, I noted TFL have painted an ASL infront of the lights 3/4 of the way across. A good idea for cyclists, well done.

Apart from the fact this is adjacent to a bus lane which is exempt from any lights so, funnily enough ALL the cyclists use the bus lane. Well done TFL, way to go wasting money. Let's hope they own up to who's responsible and see that they are sacked, recharged for the wasted money or better, shot.

Your money would have been better spent trying to make the road out of some decent tarmac rather than a bunch of patch repairs which somehow resemble the surface of the moon.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    Just a thought, but might the ASL be for those who are turning right into Lower Richmond Road, and don't fancy veering across at the last minute?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • diplomacy
    diplomacy Posts: 34
    i always turn right there, and i think it's a big improvement. now i can overtake all four lanes on the outside, down the centre of the bridge, and know that i have somewhere i can safely stop at the front.

i see a lot of cyclists going the bus lane - veer across route, but personally i prefer to change lanes earlier when i see a gap. it gets pretty busy sometimes.

so not ALL cyclists. ALL - 1 at the most.
  • Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 7
    I use the bus lane and move over further down, so it does seem a bit pointless. On the bright side council tax is cheap in Wandsworth.