How many of you...

paulcuthbert
paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
edited June 2010 in Pro race
...actually think Cancellara has a motor in his bike?

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    FFS

very clever PR from the makers, who will want to flog this tosh to fools.

Lots of quotes from them about " we have heard, we have been told"....

Rubbish.

Like most rubbish, people believe it and then the UCI have to go and say they will check bikes this year.... Not a chance a team would take the risk.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Another question might be. How many wins will he be allowed before people are convinced that he DOES have a motor? :wink::wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Scrumple wrote:
    FFS

very clever PR from the makers, who will want to flog this tosh to fools.

Lots of quotes from them about " we have heard, we have been told"....

Rubbish.

Like most rubbish, people believe it and then the UCI have to go and say they will check bikes this year.... Not a chance a team would take the risk.

My conspiracy theory is that the bike manufacturers are involved and could care less if
    they get caught putting a motor on a bike. It's a win/ win deal for them. Bike wins races,
    fans see bike winning, fans gotta have that bike, and oh, by the way, throw in one of those hidden motors, I like to go fast. They'll sell a million of them. At least that's my theory. :roll: :roll:
  • Part of me really really hopes he IS using some kind of motor assist :D

But in reality I expect I'll be disappointed...
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Scrumple wrote:
    Not a chance a team would take the risk.

And yet an F1 team asked one of it's drivers to deliberately crash his car! How bad did that look for Renault?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Fo ... ontroversy

Think it's naive to think that a person or team wouldn't take a risk win. Think there may be better ways to cheat than this and I do wonder why we always seem to doubt someone when they do a "ride". But there you go, cheating has always been a part of sport, think it's a reflection on life in some ways, getting a bit deep now, must be getting tired...
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Great Specialized strapline
    "Our bikes are so good, you need to fit a motor in them to win a bike race"

Hmmmmm.......on second thoughts