radar ride

issacforce
issacforce Posts: 112
hi
am doing radar ride next month in scotland and eas wondering if anybody did it last year and have any comments on it or any thing i might need, (wet weather gear as in scotland hope not) :D

Comments

• slunker
    slunker Posts: 346
    Great route and scenery. Pretty hilly course and the finish is a belter. You climb steadily for 5 miles and then another 5km up a steep hill to the top of lowther hill. Doing it myself again this year. Last years weather was horrific in places but this just adds to the challenge. :D
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Not doing it this year but have done it the last two. Good route and organisation is excellent and hope the weather is better this year. Scenery is stunning though and on a good day you can see lowther hill for miles around.

I would take a light weight rain jacket just incase of inclement weather. The route is harder than the profile appears but I hate that road to Moffat from St Mary's Loch. I would rather climb another 10hills than that road as it just goes on for miles aginst the wind.
    Brian B.
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    I did it last year and thought the organisation was very poor in two areas.

Firstly, registration was painfully slow and we had to queue in the rain. Many of us missed our allocated start times due to this. So turn up extra early.

Secondly, the feed station doubles so that you use it on the way out and the way back. There was sod all except water left on the return visit.

I found the route from the Talla to the finish to be very hard but it was chucking it down into a headwind. Prepare to suffer :!: